Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default auto idle board for ahead 200le

$235 from miller seems a little high. Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get this part? Or to get old one rebuilt?

Replace the 2 little SCR's on the circuit board, and presto, your idle board will work again....

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer:302662
    Replace the 2 little SCR's on the circuit board, and presto, your idle board will work again....
    Where would I find a SCR?

Default ..

plz check your pm message

Quote Originally Posted by shadowiz:302700
    plz check your pm message
    I called all around today to electronics suppliers and none of them had this part. They can't get thyristors.... they can get everything else just not these. So I think I'm stuck getting the whole board. The scrs are thyristor 8.5 amp 200volt

Default scr reply

Quote Originally Posted by weldonwelding View Post
    I called all around today to electronics suppliers and none of them had this part. They can't get thyristors.... they can get everything else just not these. So I think I'm stuck getting the whole board. The scrs are thyristor 8.5 amp 200volt
    ------------
    Not sure if this helps any but under Semiconductor Modules you'll see SCR's for sale, can't tell if they have your exact size though hopefully they do... at digikey...........http://www.digikey.com/product-searc....z_header=link

Also, miller might have supplied you with a part # for each component on the card to buy from them.....my main board has a parts list with miller part # for most everything on the board listed in the manual....not sure if they did this for your card or not, would be worth lookin into.

If nothing else, sounds like Cruizer most likely knows a supplier for the scr's, just going on how he worded his reply.

On the board there is a fingered cup looking thingy. It houses 2 of 2amp 400 volt To-220 package scrs. they can be found at Digikey, or Newark, or any electronics store. I usually replace them with a more robust 8 amp versions.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer:302726
    On the board there is a fingered cup looking thingy. It houses 2 of 2amp 400 volt To-220 package scrs. they can be found at Digikey, or Newark, or any electronics store. I usually replace them with a more robust 8 amp versions.
    The book says 8.5 amp 200 volt. And everyone I have called can't carry thyristors anymore. Even miller themselves so it sounds like I'm stuck with buying the whole board. I already ordered it. If I come across them someday I will get them and put em on the bad board so I have a spare. The whole thing has been a P.I.T.A. so it will be nice to have a spare. My welder idles up when I strike a arc then u have to flip the switch to get it to idle down... I just let it go high idle, it burns a lot more gas but other than that its ok

Thrysistor = SCR Geez

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer:302745
    Thrysistor = SCR Geez
    I am a welder/fabricator. Not a electronics tech.... and I'm just repeating everything the electronics techs told me. From the way the techs talked there are different types of SCR'S... thyristor being one of them. But like I said I really don't know. I appreciate your help