Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default headgear clip on hobart impact broke?!

I JUST got my hobart impact series helmet in and was setting it up. I put the head gear into the clip on the helmet and then I took it out I adjust it and then went to put it back in and it wouldn't lock. I looked at it and the clip that locks the helmet in was stuck inside. I tried to pop it back out but it won't come all the way out. Any ideas on how to fix this?! I really don't want to send it back because I wanted to use it Monday. Anyways in the pic it's the little black piece In the center.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks to me you will have to back the nut off the stud that passes through the helmut to gain clearence to slip the black piece back in. Does the helmut's directions show a parts breakdown and how it fits together. Someone that has one will show up, keep checking back Hunter..

I took the piece that has the stud off the helmet but that's not the problem. It's actually the little small rectangular black piece that locks the headgear in. When you put the head gear in the helmet it slides past the black piece and the little black piece pops back up and locks into the hole in the headgear. It's kind of hard to explain without being able to show the right piece.

If it's one of the two small black pieces on the white piece maybe put a drop of light oil on it and work the oil in and around a bit, then see if it will slip open.

Could carefully put a hair drier on it and see if heat will make the plastic more pliable.

That's a good idea, I tried to get it out but I couldn't. I got it be even with the hole but its acting like the spring or something won't push it out anymore for some reason. But ill go try to hair dryer now, thank you

Just to be clear it's this little black rectangular piece in the middle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Or if anyone knows where I can get just this piece that would be great. I've looked online but the only thing I can find is the whole headgear. The headgear is fine, it's just the little clip that goes in the helmet that I need.

Should a let ya know those camo helmets were prone to breaking there...

So they do break often? It's the same head gear as the millers, it's the generation II headgear but I was hoping to find somewhere that sold just that one piece