Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default How much is my welder worth?

welder.jpgI have a miller DIALARC serial # JH267806 volts 222/230/460, KW 12.4, PHASE 1, HERTZ 60, It's on wheels and can hold tanks in the back. It will come with the tanks, radiator cooling system, foot pedal and all the leads. any sugestions on the price I can get for it?
    Last edited by seans; 02-22-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Saw what looks to be a miller dialarc 250 (not sure) it shows 300A AC and 265A dc on the high low switch. Its serial number is JK (so 1989) and selling for $300 with no leads.

Yours is 2 years older (JH = 1987), but you have a few advantages:
    -wheels
    -can hold tanks ---- why would you want to hold tanks on a Stick welder???
    -come with tank
    -radiator cooling system
    -Foot pedal -------------- how would this plug in??? Don't think the dialarc has a plug for pedals does it???
    -leads

So I would think maybe a few hundred more, depending on the condition of the stuff.

Was this welder being converted to tig with the foot pedal, tanks and cooling system? It lists this welder is capable of tig, but a lot would probably have to be added to make it work I'm guessing.

As always, a picture is a thousand words.

SEANS,

Where are you located? That will determine price almost as much as the condition of the machine.
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL
    http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

Default How much is my welder worth?

I just sold mine machine home made water cooler and all leads foot pedal no cart 1500 and also have about 20 phone calls after the first guy bought it I thought I sold it too cheap not sure

welder.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by clint738 View Post
    Saw what looks to be a miller dialarc 250 (not sure) it shows 300A AC and 265A dc on the high low switch. Its serial number is JK (so 1989) and selling for $300 with no leads.

Yours is 2 years older (JH = 1987), but you have a few advantages:
    -wheels
    -can hold tanks ---- why would you want to hold tanks on a Stick welder???
    -come with tank
    -radiator cooling system
    -Foot pedal -------------- how would this plug in??? Don't think the dialarc has a plug for pedals does it???
    -leads

So I would think maybe a few hundred more, depending on the condition of the stuff.

Was this welder being converted to tig with the foot pedal, tanks and cooling system? It lists this welder is capable of tig, but a lot would probably have to be added to make it work I'm guessing.

As always, a picture is a thousand words.

I just picked this up 1980 Miller Dialarc HF-P #003.JPG 1980 Miller Dailarc HF-P #001.JPG 1980 Miller Dialarc HF-P #002.JPG at a auction for $753.00. It came with 3 Victor flow meters w/hoses, 2 Weldcraft water cooled TIG torches w/hoses and hookups and a Miller foot pedal w/ all hookups.

My son, who is a industrial maintenance electrician and welder, tested it and said from what he could tell it looks like the machine was purchased new and was only used as a backup welder and hardly ever used. If you'll notice, the paint isn't even hardly scratched.

I also have a older model Miller without HF 1978 Miller Dialarc 250 AC-DC #002.JPG that I bought a couple of years ago for $200.00. It came with 2 50' sections of lead. It's not that nice to look at, but it sure has been one nice sweet running machine.

I guess the value depends on what someone is willing to pay and what you're willing to sell it for, since, from what I've seen, the price range DOES vary quite a bit, depending on what area of the country you live in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by diverbill45; 02-23-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    Bill

Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Miller 251
    Thermodynamics Plasma arc
    Benard "Center Fire" wirefeed gun
    Miller alum. spool gun
    Tweco Tig torch
    Victor O/A torches
    B&D Wildcat 9" grinder
    DeWalt 10 amp 4-1/2" grinders
    7"x12" bandsaw

A shop that's always going to be to small.