Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new gun

Hybrid View

Default new gun

I'm looking to buy a new lead and gun for my mm252. Are the Bernard leads worth the extra money compared to the mig matic guns?

Try a Bernard Q gun with Centerfire consumables and I'll bet you will like it better than the M series that came with your machine.

Yes a Bernard is worth it best gun you can get, i know i wont buy anything else.

I have and have had Bernard guns. I even have a brand new one from my Pipeworx, it was never put on when I set it up. They are a POS for pulse welding, there is way to much drag in the tips. If you really want something good go Binzel or Tweco.
    Jeff Lund
    Lund Machine Works
    www.lundmachine.com

They work fine. Not a lot different than the M-25, though bigger cable and a bit more stout. Either can be had on EPay for about $100 shipped.

I like the Tweco guns as a replacement or upgrade. I have only used a Bernard a time or two at a friends shop. I may have gotten lucky but the Tweco has lasted a very long time and has taken two years of heavy shop use.

Buy a tweco. Cheaper consumable are far more durable. Was never a huge fan until my q300 broke and switched to tweco last year best move yet.
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135