Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default using airline quick disconnect for argon line?

hey all

Is anyone using air line quick disconnects for argon lines? I decided to try some and wasn't sure how to test if they leak except for placing them in a bucket of water. I don't really see any bubbles. Would these leak over time? Or are they are pretty reliable? thanks

I made a video if anyone wants to see

Cool

I use Parker 200 series quick connects for my spoolgun/mig gun hook up. No problems over the 5 years i have had them on....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Spray it with some soapy water to better check for leaks, watch for bubbles.

I have had them on my Dialarc for years with no problems or leaks, yes I am cheap,I had them, tried them and they work.

You can use them, Milton is a well known name brand verses the big box store ones.

However, they are not as good as say a western which is what I use and I have them on all my suit case feeders and torches so we are talking about 8 fittings over the last 21 years that I have been using them.

With the cost of mixed gas at around $ 45.00 its not worth it to me, Your better off bucking up and spending the money.

It takes less inert gas than you think, to make a life-threatening situation, especially in a small garage/shop. There is a reason some connectors are rated for air, others are rated for flammalble/oxidizer/inert gases. Use the correct connector for the purpose it was designed for.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Question

Are those rated for that pressure

Mine is between the machine and the torch, low pressure and only under pressure when I am on the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade View Post
    Are those rated for that pressure
    They are rated for 300psi

ok i'll check out those parker or milton