Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default hobart impact series camo welding helmet?

Does anyone know anything about the hobart impact series auto darkening camo welding helmet from hobart? I just ordered it from cyberweld and was wondering if anyone has had it? It's rated for 5 amps tig and has a variable shade lense from 8-13. It's 1/25,000 switch time. Any input on this helmet would be nice, thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter0329 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the hobart impact series auto darkening camo welding helmet from hobart? I just ordered it from cyberweld and was wondering if anyone has had it? It's rated for 5 amps tig and has a variable shade lense from 8-13. It's 1/25,000 switch time. Any input on this helmet would be nice, thanks.
    I only use camo helmets when I'm welding in the jungle and don't want to be seen by the enemy. I also use camo tungsten.

Well, you see, I'm going to be using it while I'm in the amazon jungle and I've been hearing of all these tribes so I'm trying to stay hidden. And I also use camo tungsten, I even have the camo edition welder that makes the arc camo. So I'm hoping the helmet will keep me well hidden and safe

Well, you see, I'm going to be using it while I'm in the amazon jungle and I've been hearing of all these tribes so I'm trying to stay hidden. And I also use camo tungsten, I even have the camo edition welder that makes the arc camo. So I'm hoping the helmet will keep me well hidden and safe
    Good call. Otherwise they wouldn't see you but they would be baffled by the really bright light coming out of nowhere!
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Exactly! I'm thinkin way ahead here, defiantly don't wanna be caught off guard by a poison dart to the neck in the middle of a weld.

Do either of y'all know anything about this helmet though? It should arrive between Wednesday or the following Monday. I'm ready to get it and test it out!

Exactly! I'm thinkin way ahead here, defiantly don't wanna be caught off guard by a poison dart to the neck in the middle of a weld.

Do either of y'all know anything about this helmet though? It should arrive between Wednesday or the following Monday. I'm ready to get it and test it out!
    Of course I know lots about this helmet. It will be installed onto your cranium before you commence welding, it will shield your fave and eyes from uv light created by the arc. Using the correct shade #, it will prevent the arc from damaging rods and cones in your freakin eyeballs. Its also camo

I have got to be more specific with my questions...y'all are all a bunch of smartelics, but I guess that's why I can't stay off the forum

Question for you guys. I have a bran new never used hobart a/d that I was looking to give to a friend. Its about 6yrs old and completley dead. Its a solar charged model, so I left it in the sun for a few afternoons, welded in front of it for hours with no luck, still completley dead. I doesnt seem to have a battery as far as I can tell, is it plain old dead from no use over time, or is there something I can do to try and get it working. Its a shame cause it was never even used, and wanted to give it to someone who could use it. Its that pretty american flag model, sorry dont have it in front of me at the moment. Thanks guys!

Try to see if you can find a model number on it and look it up on the Internet, maybe it will have instructions for what to do or tell you if there is a battery. Sorry I couldn't be more help

Thanks man, I will do that when I get in from work, just figd I would throw that out quick since on the topic of hobart hoods.