Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

"Best and Most comfortable" is almost no contest IMO. Tillman's "super premium" elkskin gloves are the top of their line.
    750, 850, or 875 Onyx (pretty much the black version of an 850).

Been welding for 20+ years and they're the nicest gloves I have found. because they are considered a premium product, they can be a bit hard to find at most LWS's. I usually get the 875L's for $22 a pair shipped so they aren't terribly expensive. They are soft as butter, but they wear pretty well. I usually get six months out of a pair. For comfort, nothing beats them. The only area where cowhide performs better than elk skin is puncture resistance. Elk skin does not shrink/harden from heat like cowhide does - it will stay soft. They are marketed as a stick welding glove but I wear them for everything. I even use one on my torch hand when I do high amp TIG. They have very good dexterity/feel for a stick welding glove. If you tend to burn up left gloves only, The 750 is available in left only from some places (you can buy a single glove).

My general purpose go-to glove for grinding and other stuff is the Tillman 1350. they're cheap but relatively durable. No elastic so they are easy on, easy off. For $10, I don't mind tearing them up.

No I don't work for Tillman. I agree that their tig welding glove quality has gone south. Their top-tier product line is still very good though.
    2007 Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    2005 Miller Passport 180

Default gloves

I stick weld but like a glove I can pick up a dime with,best bang for your buck imo right now are Linde mig gloves ....If your in Canada there on sale

Jim

Default best, most comfortable gloves?

The Tillman gloves definitely sound like good gloves, I'm gonna go with those and just get them online somewhere. I like dexterity but also don't want them really thin so if I pick up a piece of hot metal it doesn't burn me in a fraction of a a second

Here's a little vid on gloves:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxi9DnFadvQ
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Here are those crappy comfortable gloves:

Turns out they ARE supposed to be welding gloves. I checked out this new pair more carefully, and made sure I got a pair that were fully-sewn (inside, too). Maybe they'll hold together a little longer, or I might try to get them re-sewn before I use them. They're THAT much better-feeling than any other welding glove I've tried, including the expensive ones at NexAir.

Default best, most comfortable gloves?

I actually got those exact same gloves the other day. They really are comfortable and so far they aren't coming apart. I really like them and only being $9 a pair you can buy two or three pair for the price of one pair of the expensive kinds.