Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobcat 250

Default Bobcat 250

Looking at buying a used engine drive. Can't find specs on the older welders and don't know how old they are by looking at a photo.

Could someone tell me about this one? I would like to know the weight, the new weights are listed as lighter and smaller.

Bobcat 250.jpgBobcat 250.jpg

Thumbs up

Have you looked at miller site on manuals should give all the specs
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o4419u_mil.pdf
    this is with the Subaru engine it should give the specs
    Last edited by Kpack; 02-15-2013 at 11:25 AM.

The one in the post has a kohler engine, your link shows 562lbs where the new 250 is 501lbs so I think your link is the correct one. How in the world they could drop 61lbs, I don't know.

Looks like both engine machines weigh the same. Gesh that's heavy. The new 225 is 480lbs. Actually that's the one I want, 225. due to its size and weight. But if the used 250 turns out to be a good deal I sure would like it.

Thanks for the link, I couldn't find it for some reason, I was only finding the new model specs.

It's under resources I just picked one of the units I didn't know the motor

Here's MILLER chart using serial number to determine year of machine
    http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html

Here's the manual site when you know serial number.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

If your worried about weight don't forget to add fuel & oil plus leads & rods. You could be adding another 200# easily.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Just called to try and get the SSN, got voice mail. thanks for the links.

Yea, I am worried about weight somewhat. Thats why I was liking the new 225. I'm planning on going with an enclosed trailer with a 3500lb axle. But for now I don't have it.

It is a question of what to buy first, the trailer or the welder. There are trailers everywhere, I wanted to get that first so I could be setting it up until I found a good deal on a welder.

If you are going to use a trailer look for tandem axle. You will be happier in the long run. I have a 6x12 enclosed & I was running consistantly at 3500-3700#. I always worried until I added a second axle. Now I don't think twice when I hit an unexpected bump/pothole in the road.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

I had an enclosed trailer with a 3500 pound axle and with all my stuff in it I was at 3800 I switched it to a 6,000 pound axle and cut out the tounge and reinforced it. That thing pulled 200% better after the new axle and I wasn't near affraid on a bumpy road with the 6 lug axle and 15 inch 2500 pound rated tires you couldnt tell the trailer was loaded up as much as it was. I used it for 2 years before selling it Very nice to all have all the equipment dry and out of the weather.
    Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

I know you guys are right about trailer size, weight and such. I would like to have a larger trailer but room around here is limited.

I'm going out on a limb just rigging up. My best shot at doing mobile welding maybe years away so for now I need to push forward with the idea but not break the bank and run out of room.

Just seen a Miller pop up. 0 interest for 12 months, better go read about that.

Well that was BS. 10,000 mininum purchase. 100 processing fee. 833.00 a month payment. I guess thats for the big boys only.
    Last edited by Hardrock40; 02-17-2013 at 03:10 PM.