Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Dynasty Wiring Question

I know this topic has been discussed many times; however, I haven't found anything that will help with this outlet type specifically. I am using a L15-20 plug on the end of my machine cord and would like to make some pigtail adapters for it. Questions:

1) Is it acceptable to use a female L15-20 and make a pigtail down to a 110v outlet (removing the red wire of course)?

2) Is it ok to use a female L15-20 and run it up to a 480V outlet?

3) Does it matter what side the black and white wires go on when dropping to 110v?

Any answers to these questions would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyclechopstop View Post
    I know this topic has been discussed many times; however, I haven't found anything that will help with this outlet type specifically. I am using a L15-20 plug on the end of my machine cord and would like to make some pigtail adapters for it. Questions:

1) Is it acceptable to use a female L15-20 and make a pigtail down to a 110v outlet (removing the red wire of course)?

2) Is it ok to use a female L15-20 and run it up to a 480V outlet?

3) Does it matter what side the black and white wires go on when dropping to 110v?

Any answers to these questions would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
    might just wanna eBay a MVP plug and wire there not that much money

Default Dynasty Wiring Question

Don't know about the L15-20 but on 110V you need to wire it as black to hot ,white to neutral and green to ground. Tape red back