Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Millermatic Argon inlet CGA #

I would like to know what the CGA # is on the back of my MM252. I have a dual cylinder rack, and would like to connect a "Y" fitting to feed both tanks into machine as needed (obviously, not at same time)

Does anyone know what the CGA # is?

Thanks

Cool

Don't know of a number but its either 9/16-18 or 5/8-18 thread can't remember which....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I plan to add another identical solenoid gas inlet valve to my 211, and a clamp w/o wire feed drive to the front for the spool gun, and another port for the control connector, then rewire the new connector to trigger the new valve so I can leave the spool gun & both bottles connected all the time. I'll notch the spool gun case so the gun can stay inside while connected. I just don't know where to get the clamp w/o motor, or if I'll have to make that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    I plan to add another identical solenoid gas inlet valve to my 211, and a clamp w/o wire feed drive to the front for the spool gun, and another port for the control connector, then rewire the new connector to trigger the new valve so I can leave the spool gun & both bottles connected all the time. I'll notch the spool gun case so the gun can stay inside while connected. I just don't know where to get the clamp w/o motor, or if I'll have to make that.

Wow, what an incredible amount of work. It would be a lot cheaper to add quick disconnects to you regs. Even better to have bought a machine with gun on demand.

Disconnecting is exactly what I don't want to have to do. And the 211 is the machine I wanted - it just needs a few little tweaks, but I have the time to do them. I don't expect to spend much. A valve is only ~$35.