Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: welder problems

Quote Originally Posted by desertranger View Post
    i have hooked up the plug as directed with three of the four terminals without the red wire. I is doing the same thing. Will hooking up all the wires on a single phase source damage the welder ? Any one know what the -2 means ? When I turn it on the first thing it displays 243 891 then -2 and right display is blank. then it goes to the normal operating display.
    Normal on the readout, not sure on the noise but as mentioned it will make some noise

Read your manual !

3 Arc Timer Display
    Upon power up as described above, the meter S LED will turn on, and arc time will be displayed for 5 seconds as [000 000] to [999 999]. The first four numbers indicate hours, and the last two numbers indicate minutes. Arc time shown in example is read as 1,234 hours and 56 minutes. Maxi- mum arc time is 9,999 hours and 59 minutes.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by desertranger View Post
    the power in my garage is fine. at the time i did not realize the plug configuration was different for single and 3 phase. now i see my mistake.
    That is why Miller includes a manual with their machines. Also available on-line.

Griff

Help 2 indicates an open in the thermal protection circuitry located on the bottom heat sink. Contact a factory authorized service agent if this display is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by beazy125 View Post
    Help 2 indicates an open in the thermal protection circuitry located on the bottom heat sink. Contact a factory authorized service agent if this display is shown.

Hlp 2 actually means a variety of things, and so far never found it to be a thermal.