Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Default Miller Multimatic 200

I would probably be making something on my welding rig so when I'm welding a fence or anything it could sit on like on a rack I would post pics of it but I don't know how to do it through my phone

Technology can be a bit challenging at times.

I've just been out in garage for almost 2 hours practicing. I've been running bead after bead on 3/16 flat stock with only a little brushing in between and haven't exceeded duty cycle yet (both flux-core & stick). I was actually trying to see if I could. I probably won't be welding anything much thicker than 3/8 that I can see. I was pretty happy. Nice smooth arc on both processes.

Some guys are full of **** on duty cycle at work we have a mm 252,mm212 And some mm140 and those 140 take a beating we use them everyday about 10 hours a day and they have a duty cycle of 20% at 90 a. So I'm sure the multimatic will also take beatin

I had a little concern about a multipurpose machine after reading some of the posts, but I think that I chose the right machine for me. It should fit my needs perfectly. Now I'm trying to find someplace local to buy some steel. Speedymetals doesn't seem to far. They're in New Berlin, WI. Home Depot & TSC are expensive.

When I need a lot of steel I just tell my boss if he can order some for me because he gets his as whole sale but I just seen my thunderbolt xl has 20% duty cycle at 150a and I never knew

You're lucky in that respect. I used to have a few connections too, but those days are gone.

I don't think I've ever exceeded the duty cycle on any of the welders I've had. But then again, I don't weld for a living and I don't do anything that requires a lot of heavy duty weld time either.

Looks like one of my next projects is building 10 Ft panels to make dog kennel

You going to wait for the new welder?

I sure am , I have couple of projects as soon as the welder comes in , build 4 10ft panels for a dog kennel , weld some fenders on my welder trailer ,I have to built about 200 ft of wrought ion fence

Sounds like you're really going to put it to work. I'm going to try to weld some thinner stuff this afternoon. I'm curious to see how it will do on some 16g scrap. So far, the auto-set has been pretty good. I'm sure someone with more experience would fine tune it to their liking, but for the most part, I've found it fine. I have tried tweaking it a little, both up & down just to see the difference. It the stick mode, it seemed to make more of a difference than in the flux-core.