Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Default Miller Multimatic 200

Do you know when u will be receiving it ? Keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSapien View Post
    It's probably a 20% duty cycle at that amperage, but I don't know how often I will max it out. Besides, I'm retired; I'm not in any hurry for ANYTHING! Anyway, I just bit the bullet and called Baker's Gas and ordered one. I figured enough drooling. I ordered the Tig torch and the accessories needed for flux-core welding. Now if I can sell the HH210mvp and the spoolgun I just bought I can recoup some of the money. By the way, for anyone interested; the Hobart Spoolrunner 100 will not work with the Multimatic 200. The power blocks are different sizes. That sucks. Anyway, I can't wait until the new unit gets here...
    I am guessing you haven't taken the time to look at the spec sheet on the Multimatic 200 before making this decision. 20% duty cycle for MIG is only at 150 amps. The duty cycle drops down to 10% @180 amps. There isn't going to be much in the area of duty cycle @200 amps. The Handler 210 mvp is a more robust MIG unit. In MIG mode, 3/16" steel is going to push the Multimatic 200 hard. 1/8" and thinner will be the ideal range for the unit.

In TIG mode, it should be a nice unit, because its basically a Maxstar 150 STL.
    Last edited by Danny; 02-05-2013 at 06:46 PM.

The unit should be here on Thursday, so they tell me. I'll keep you posted when it arrives.

Yes, I realize that the duty cycle for 3/16" and above will be low, even running 230v, but I think for what I will be doing most of the time (hobby projects, light repairs, etc.) the fact that it is multipurpose and very portable should outweigh the low duty cycle in Mig. I know that the 210 is a much more robust Mig machine, but I was thinking that for the little thicker stuff I could always just stick weld it. I've also toyed with the idea of keeping the Hobart and just using it for the spoolgun or heavier welding if I should ever get to that point. That would definitely solve the duty cycle problem of the 200. Right now, I'm just trying to learn as much as I can and improve my skills because I feel that you can never have enough skills...

Amen brother

The Multimatic 200 is down rated to 150 amp max output in stick and tig mode. It is only rated at 200 amp in mig mode.
    For the Money, the Thermal Arc 3 in 1 machines are more attractive in performance, specs and cost.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Ironworker Welder
    Operating engineer
    Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

My LWS has had one on display for about 8 months now and no one has bought it yet. I would love to pick one up. Let us know how it works when you get it.

its in miami but looks like a deal and a half, and just posted.
    http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/tls/3598889879.html

Too bad I'm Texas if not i would of bought it

That looks too good to be true. I've found that when that happens, then it usually is. Could be a scam. There was one on Ebay earlier in the week and I was going to bid on it, but the seller only had a 43 feedback...and they weren't all positive so I passed. I'd rather spend a little more and get it from a reputable seller. About a year and a half ago, I saw a Miller Spectrum 125c on my local Craigslist for $600. I met the seller in a deserted shopping center parking lot. I had to take it out of his truck (he didn't seem to want to touch it). It looked brand new so I took a chance. As soon as he pulled away, I noticed that the manual was missing so I called his cell #. It was disconnected. After getting home, I quickly plugged it in and to my surprise, it worked perfectly. I was lucky. I don't think I'll do that again.

Anyway, I understand that the 200 has some duty cycle limitations and may not be right for everyone, but I really believe that it will fit my needs (being just a retired novice tinkerer and jack of all trades). As I said, I really liked the Everlast 160STH, but every time I looked at it, I saw Chinese workers getting screwed just so I could have a cheap welder. I'd rather pay more knowing that someone earned a decent living for him & his family making it. Just my opinion. My 200 should be here this afternoon. Don't know why, but I'm excited!

That plasma has to be stolen. But good luck with your new 200. Let us know what you think. There is not a lot of real feedback about those yet.