Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default my syncrowave 351 tig machine shielding gas free flows when im welding please help

does anyone know how to solve this problem? I have to turn the switch to smaw to stop the argon from flowing. Im wasting a lot of gas

Need some more info. Does it eventually stop after you let off the pedal? This would be your post flow setting. Is it hooked up correctly to the gas solenoid? Do you have a manual to check all your machine settings? Did it work fine before & now this problem just started?
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

I'm clueless on fixing these things, but the gas solenoid would be the first thing I would check.

More knowledgeable people (Cruizer, etc.) will probably chime in soon.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    Need some more info. Does it eventually stop after you let off the pedal? This would be your post flow setting. Is it hooked up correctly to the gas solenoid? Do you have a manual to check all your machine settings? Did it work fine before & now this problem just started?
    It just flows as soon as I turn on the gas.The reg appears to be fine and the gas pedal appears to be hooked up correctly. It used to work fine. its been doing this for about a month before i realized something was wrong

From your first post
    "I have to turn the switch to smaw to stop the argon from flowing. Im wasting a lot of gas"

So your saying when you flip the mode switch from stick to tig the solenoid opens & gas starts flowing? When you flip it back to stick mode the solenoid closes & stops the gas?

From your second post
    "It just flows as soon as I turn on the gas"

If it flows continuously I would check the solenoid. Maybe crap in it. Maybe no wire not connected. Have you tried disconnecting the pedal in tig mode to see if it still flows?

Please post serial # so cruizer or someone can help you better.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24