Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Miller XMT 304 CC

I am new to welding. I acquired a Millermatic 175 and can do basic mig.

I have a Miller XMT 304 cc. Not a cc/cv.

I am hooking it to a 220 line with a 50 amp breaker. I assume this is adaquate for basic stick welding.

That is my question. Will the 50 circuit be ok? I do not plan on using it at max.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Thanks

According to the owner's manual, it requires 47 amps. A 50 amp breaker ought to be just fine.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o2208as_mil.pdf

Default Setting on the Miller 304 cc

Ok. Now what are the basic settings for the Miller XMT 304 CC. I am going to weld on a front bucket on a backhoe. Repair work. I split the corner and need to repair.

I have not used the 304 and need to determine the proper settings.

I have never used one, but there should be some starting settings listed in the manual.

Make sure when you power it up ( Wiring the plug ) When hooking it up to single phase you do not use the red wire.

Set the machine on panel verses remote ( Remote is for changing your amps with a remote that you dont need.

And set it to arc weld and you should be fine.

I would use this online weld calculator to find a good starting point for your weld settings.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...calculator.php