Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Anyone here use RADNOR products?

Just visited the LWS "AirGas" here and found the only thing they really stock is Radnor products.

I am going to be starting from scratch so will need:
    Ground Clamp
    Stinger
    Tweco or Dinse connectors
    Stick welding cable

They quoted me some #2 25ft welding cable at $43 or 50ft for $84. That seems a LOT cheaper than what you have to pay for Hobart welding leads at Tractor Supply.

Does anyone use Radnor stingers, grounds, connectors, or leads?

They did have a few Tweco brand stingers and ground clamps so not sure which to buy.

They didn't have any Tweco brand connectors, just this Radnor brand that they said would fit Tweco's on the welders. I didn't see anything on the shelf to fit Dinse.

Radnor is the Airgas house brand. Various companies put the Radnor name on their products for Airgas. Some of their stuff is good, but some is also junk. Gotta watch what you buy. They use the name Radnor because Airgas , I belive, started in Radnor, PA.
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

Quote Originally Posted by jpence38 View Post
    Radnor is the Airgas house brand. Various companies put the Radnor name on their products for Airgas. Some of their stuff is good, but some is also junk. Gotta watch what you buy. They use the name Radnor because Airgas , I belive, started in Radnor, PA.
    Would these kits be considered "cheap" quality too?
    http://store.cyberweld.com/twelhocaasno.html
    http://store.cyberweld.com/twgrclcaasno.html

Looking at the picture, even though it is branded as Tweco, the stinger in the picture does not match the Tweco stinger picture if bought by itself.

I can't even buy the ground and stinger for those prices, so I'm wonder if that is a good sign to look elsewhere?

My intentions are to have a whip ground and stinger in the range of 10-25ft and then have a 50ft section I can add between. All cables would be #2 to handle 100% 200Amps DC.

If you are going to be using these things on a regular basis, my advice to you would be to not skimp on the quality. I would get the Jackson brand stinger and ground. As for the cable, for what you will be doing, the radnor brand is sufficient. I have 200 ft. of 2/0 Radnor cable.

What kind of machine (power source) are you using??

http://www.bakersgas.com/NAS138-14680.html
    Last edited by jpence38; 02-01-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

Quote Originally Posted by jpence38 View Post
    If you are going to be using these things on a regular basis, my advice to you would be to not skimp on the quality. I would get the Jackson brand stinger and ground. As for the cable, for what you will be doing, the radnor brand is sufficient. I have 200 ft. of 2/0 Radnor cable.

What kind of machine (power source) are you using??

http://www.bakersgas.com/NAS138-14680.html
    Will be using a Miller CST 280.

Default radnor products

I use their consumables with no problems

Their abrasives leave a lot to be desired, haha.

The Radnor grinding wheels I've seen were made by Norton.

So the Radnor brand connectors fit Tweco style machines ok?

Quote Originally Posted by clint738 View Post
    So the Radnor brand connectors fit Tweco style machines ok?
    Anyone?