Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Totally OT....DVD won't play

I just received a dvd on gun servicing. On my new computer, Windows 7, only the FBI warning comes up and then then a picture header and will not play after that. Took the dvd and it will play on an old XP computer. The Date on dvd is from 2009. Any ideas??
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Time machine?
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

What does that mean?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Well, I called the company with the number they had on the dvd case and it's a bad number. So, I go to the web site and got the correct number...off by one digit. I called, left a message. Guess what. Someone called me back within an hour. Didn't expect that. The problem....when the dvd loads and you see the pause,play, forward and reverse at the bottom..they will not do anything. You have to put your cursor over some words on still picture and click. It doesn't indicate that. It should say start or begin or something like that. You would have no idea to click there. Bottom line..51 minute video of complete teardown and reassembly of Ruger Mark11. Video was good, sound good. Well worth the price of $15 from Grizzly. These guns are great but a bear to put together if you don't know how.
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Was just saying a time machine back to 2009 might solve the problem

The mark 1,2,3 series of ruger pistols are a nightmare to strip and reassemble. Once you are shown and try it yourself several times it becomes slightly easier lol.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

If you ever have problems with a DVD again, you can rip it using free software like DVDFabDecrypter and then you'll have direct access to the titles without having to go thru the menus. You can even remaster the DVD and put the buttons where they belong using other software, then burn it back to a disk with a printable surface and make your own backup copy. For anything else about DVDs, check the discussion forums at Doom9 or AfterDawn.

Default Totally OT....DVD won't play

I love ruger pistols thy shoot pretty good but I like my smith and Wesson m&p a little bit better

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Well, I called the company with the number they had on the dvd case and it's a bad number. So, I go to the web site and got the correct number...off by one digit. I called, left a message. Guess what. Someone called me back within an hour. Didn't expect that. The problem....when the dvd loads and you see the pause,play, forward and reverse at the bottom..they will not do anything. You have to put your cursor over some words on still picture and click. It doesn't indicate that. It should say start or begin or something like that. You would have no idea to click there. Bottom line..51 minute video of complete teardown and reassembly of Ruger Mark11. Video was good, sound good. Well worth the price of $15 from Grizzly. These guns are great but a bear to put together if you don't know how.
    Nick
    Very simple.

Griff