I just picked up a Thermal Arc T-Bird 10 / 270 HE yesterday. It runs OK, needs a tune up since it likes the choke right now. That's OK, its a honda, I think I can make it work. It welds fine and the 120 outlets work, haven't tested the 240 or 3 phase outlets yet.
I do have a couple questions for somebody familiar with this welder:
1) Can somebody point me to a chart with year vs serial #? I'm guessing late 90's.
2) Auto idle doesn't work - full speed only. Anything to look for first?
3) I came across a statement on one of the forums something like this "the dreaded ends in "c" serial #". I'm curious what the issue is?
4) I understand (thanks to Cruizer's past posts) that the "microwindings" can fry under heavy continuous welding load. Would it be just as bad if I was running my XMT 350 (using the 460V aux output) under the same welding conditions?
5) Can I use a Miller pedal / remote / etc on this machine? What about my 8rc wirefeeder? I probably won't need to since I have the XMT, but it would be nice to know.
6) Any other issues or PM measures I don't know about?
Thanks for your time.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Thermal Arc T-Bird
01-30-2013, 06:28 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
Thermal Arc T-Bird
Last edited by BCRD; 01-30-2013 at 06:55 PM.