Hi folks,

I have searched and read some posts for recommendations for a tig torch for the XMT304, but still have questions.

- 1st off, i realize it is DC only and am just looking to practice tig on some mild steel and eventually stainless.
- Have bottle of argon I use with push pull setup on aluminum
- looking for something like a 17V with gas valve on torch as 304 does not have solenoid / gas connections
- Was not planning on getting foot or hand control yet (which would pulg into 14 pin connector on welder) - juts planning to play around setting voltage on welder panel

Believe I can use a 2 cable type which has separate cable for power and gas. But some on ebay (from China) come with what looks like a Dinse power connector, gas connect and a 2 pin connector. What is this 2 pin connector and will it work without it? Planning on using lift start tig feature.

I think I could also use one of the single cable torches and then use one of the various power block types to separate gas cable out to bottle. But, then think I would have to braze on a dinse connector to the power block as well to connect to welder.

Any advice on if this 2 pin connector is an issue, or what the best way to set up for Tig woudl be appreciated. As well, are the Chinese ones Ok for playing around or better to get new or used Weldcraft or other brand?