Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Also found this torch with "valve" but not sure if this will work with the CST 280. Looks like only a gas connector and not a connector to plug into the welder

http://store.cyberweld.com/db200aair...pdItemDataTabs

I like that it is a 200A 25ft tig setup though. Just not sure what to buy. Don't want to buy the wrong stuff and end up with adapter after adapter to try to make it work.

Did you decide where you will be purchasing machine ? I would check with local suppliers for a package deal. If you get setup all at once, BIG BUCKS !
    Talk to them about a tank too, like a 125. I know there is not much room to
    work with on machine, buy should be able to work out a heck of a deal on the rest of the goodies ! I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Did you decide where you will be purchasing machine ? I would check with local suppliers for a package deal. If you get setup all at once, BIG BUCKS !
    Talk to them about a tank too, like a 125. I know there is not much room to
    work with on machine, buy should be able to work out a heck of a deal on the rest of the goodies ! I can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will either be buying the machine local at the only weld shop here (AirGas), online at CyberWeld from the looks of things.

I went by the AirGas today and picked up some victor cutting tips. They don't carry a single dinse Or Tweco connector in stock, just this Radnor stuff. They also had nothing in the way of tig torches on the shelf or even replacement parts for them, just the filler material.

So it looks like I will pretty much have to have part numbers and go through manuals with them. I asked them if they ever use to carry demo units for people to try and they said they don't do that anymore since then they have to list the demo unit as used and they acted like the demos never helped sales.

On bottles oxy, acet they told me rentals are $50 a year on each bottle regardless of the size. So I guess they get you on the bigger bottles when it cost more to fill them.

I didn't ask if they sale bottles, guess I need to but not sure if they offer it.

I am sort of thinking I will visit the AirGas 40 miles away and talk to them about the welder purchase since they are an authorized repair place as well and the local one here is a very small store with only a few Lincoln migs on display, not to mention there is a Lincoln Tech there from time to time so I thing they seem to push Lincoln stuff.

I think your looking for something like this: http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=9105

you can call them or cyberweld and they can help you out. I have talked to arc zone on the phone before. Very nice people.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Is Air gas all you have by you ??? That sucks. I would call before I drive 40 miles.
    Here's a posting from another site on Air Gas, worth reading, THEY SUCK ! I don't got there
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=234691

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    I think your looking for something like this: http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=9105

you can call them or cyberweld and they can help you out. I have talked to arc zone on the phone before. Very nice people.
    Thanks Elvis, that site really has a Lot of dinse connectors, even different colors.

I am thinking of getting a CST 280 with Dinse since it looks like the most common connection for tig is Dinse.

Are you using a 2 line tig cable for your cst280 like this?
    http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=199

Or are you using a 1 line cable like this one?
    http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=200

With an adapter like this one for the gas connection to the bottle?
    http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=770

I like the one style cable I think better since I wouldn't want two cable from the tig to have to mess with, more clutter?? Not sure about having to cut off the ring terminal to put a dinse on either.
    im guessing the single cable style just threads on that dinse adapter so possibly an easier, cleaner looking setup.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Is Air gas all you have by you ??? That sucks. I would call before I drive 40 miles.
    Here's a posting from another site on Air Gas, worth reading, THEY SUCK ! I don't got there
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=234691
    I had read that post before so I have read some bad stories. Unfortunately they are my only source nearby. And I think the only one around for gas and bottles.

I did price some Radnor #2 welding lead from them at $43 for 25ft which I guess is pretty good since the tractor supply has Hobart brand #2 welding lead priced at $4.99 a foot.

Just not sure if the Radnor brand welding leads are any good.
    i don't want to spend the money on a nice machine and put junk accessories on it.

Clint. I'm out at king of the hammers, a miller sponsored event, I'll get back to your post when I get back home.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    Clint. I'm out at king of the hammers, a miller sponsored event, I'll get back to your post when I get back home.
    Never heard of that event, what is it?

A hardcore off road desert race. Very tough. We race on Friday.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA