Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Passport Plus obsolete

In a past post it was pointed out that the unit wasn't in the 2013 catalog. Now I see it has been removed from the product page of the website. So if someone was wanting one of these units, they probably better not hold off buying to deep into this year.

Default Passport Plus obsolete

That's upsetting I wonder the reasoning.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeppa View Post
    That's upsetting I wonder the reasoning.
    Because they have the 200 now
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I noticed that, too. It's a shame, because not everyone wants a 3 in one machine. I've heard the Passport will take a good beating, but I'm not so sure of the Multimatic, because of everything else in it.

I don't really see how the units are supposed to be interchangeable. The only real similarity is their amp range, and they both have mvp. A similar case as the passport had should be on the multimatic. Then I would consider it an all in all upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by wkdivr View Post
    I've heard the Passport will take a good beating
    I beat the crap out of the 3 I own. As long as I keep liners, tips, and nozzles on the truck, the machine keeps making me money. I have even had it completely soaked in condensation due to working in a 10 degree frezzer for a day then bringing it out in the 90 degree heat and it welded fine the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    I don't really see how the units are supposed to be interchangeable. The only real similarity is their amp range, and they both have mvp. A similar case as the passport had should be on the multimatic. Then I would consider it an all in all upgrade.
    That's my concern exactly. I just don't think the Multimatic will take the abuse the Passport Plus will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    It does have the same case

907518_Multimatic_200.png
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus