Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Couple bead pics

Well I was away from welding for a couple years but missed it and I'm finally back at it. I had some more pics of welds I've done and pics of what I've been building at work but for some reason it keeps giving me an error so I can only post these two. I was pretty shaky at first but these are looking a little better. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like supertig said you need to fill the end of your bead, other then that very nice bead in the flat position, show us some out of position.

Clever use of photo technique to eliminate the crater in the second photo.

Default Couple bead pics

The second photo was a long bead that tied into a bead on the side so there was no crater. Camera just didn't feta wide enough picture to get it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan85 View Post
    The second photo was a long bead that tied into a bead on the side so there was no crater. Camera just didn't feta wide enough picture to get it all.
    I was just pulling your leg in commenting about no crater showing in the photo. I don't care if you get craters or not when practicing, as long as you are careful to not allow them to appear when structure welding.

Your doing great, keep at it!

Default Couple bead pics

It's kind of hard to see but that was pieces of angle I welded down. The second one you can see the top edge goes up to the edge of the angle without burning the edge away. In school, my teacher taught me to build up just a little it on that top edge for a little extra reinforcement. I've been trying but I just can't seem to do it. I keep burning the away rather than building up on top of it which makes it look less appealing. Any tips on trying to get that little bit of build of on the top edge without burning it away too much?

Here is a pic of an up hand. Some are better but this is pretty average. This is the position I have most trouble with. Again, any advice is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images