Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Question miller papr system

Hey just wondering if anyone has the PAPR system and can give some real world experiences with it. My shop is getting into more die welding and the stick electrodes were using were alot worse on fumes than I expected them to. be so after 3 days straight on one die my lungs aren't happy with me so I need to looking to a respirator system. So do you guys have any time under your belt using this system or another respirator system that would be worth looking into have more work lined up in the coming weeks and need to get something soon. None of my local LWS have one in stock that i can look at in real life and for that kind of $$ id really like to know its not being wasted when there's a better solution
    Leblond Makino mills
    HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
    American Pacemaker lathe
    wells index mill
    hydrotel rebuilt
    syncrowave 250
    diversion 165
    Miller Elite Vintage USA

I have the Miller PAPR!
    I THINK IT IS GREAT,I use it when im gouging,hard facing, and welding where the air movement isnt that great. Always come out breathing and feeling great!
    And the lens never fogs up.
    Battery last all day, well 8 hrs anyway.

Waiting for my lws said they would work on getting a demo
    Model in before I buy
    Leblond Makino mills
    HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
    American Pacemaker lathe
    wells index mill
    hydrotel rebuilt
    syncrowave 250
    diversion 165
    Miller Elite Vintage USA

Lightbulb Half Mask Option

Keep in mind that this LPR-100 Half Mask Respirator might also be an option, fits right under your hood. No, it won't pump in any fresh/filtered air, but it will filter out the bad stuff. Might be good to have on hand as a backup if your battery on the PAPR runs down.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ion/half_mask/

Angry Papr hard hat

I just saw a miller brochure at my lws that had a papr hard hat and a standard hard hat adapter with the new style headgear that fits slotted helmets.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THESE ITEMS I WANT THEM NOW!

Default Papr

I have a different PAPR system that I use when I have a lot of grinding to do. On one project I was grinding stainless for hours a day. As others have said, the steady air flow keeps the lens from fogging up. It gets kind of comfortable, although you look like a spaceman.

My understanding that a PAPR is generally regarded as 10 times as effective as even a good filter mask.

So, yes, I recommend a PAPR any time the fumes become an issue, and a regular filter mask does not seem to be enough. In some cases you could use a fume removal system as an alternative, but I don't think that most fume removal systems are as effective as PAPR.

Richard