Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default First Post & Welding Cart for MM211

How you doing boys! This is my first post and I wanted to show a little appreciation for the inspiration that I found on the forums here and hopefully contribute a little bit to others who may be looking for ideas.

I recently sold my MM252 in favor of a 211 as the 252 was far more welder than I ever needed and I found myself borrowing a 120 volt lincoln when I needed something more portable. So I'm hoping the 211 will serve all my needs well.

On to the pics...

COOL ! Nice bending work. What material is the tubing ??
    Picture quality is awesome, super clear. Your pups are cute.

Thanks for the kind words.

All tube is .120" HREW, 1" & 1.5"

Work looks great and good pics. I have an issue but hope it's not. As long as the welder is on or there is weight on the bottom shelf...no tip over...but with the rear wheels as far forward as they are, it would appear that if someone would be lifting the welder off the cart, it could easily fall backward damaging the gages on bottles or more.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Looks good! Looks like a hot-rod shopping cart
    Like your dogs too - the golden looks just like my pooch Dozer....

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Work looks great and good pics. I have an issue but hope it's not. As long as the welder is on or there is weight on the bottom shelf...no tip over...but with the rear wheels as far forward as they are, it would appear that if someone would be lifting the welder off the cart, it could easily fall backward damaging the gages on bottles or more.
    That's a good observation, I was originally going to put the wheels directly under the vertical tube but moved them back when I considered the tip over possibility.

To be honest, I haven't tested the cart without the welder on it and your post makes me want to test it as I don't want to have to rely on having weight on the lower shelf.

Thanks for the caution.