Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Spectrum 300 blown transistors, part numbers?

I was recently given a Spectrum 300 plasma that's not operational. Looks like two of the main power transistors have popped, unfortunetly bad enough that I can't read any kind of part number on them to source replacements.

Is there any way to get these numbers, short of buying a replacement board? I've attached pictures of the affected units, and in the wide shot, it would be the 2nd and 4th heat sink from the left.

I can handle the replacement no problem, I'm quite familiar with working with electronic components, and have the full service area here at the house for electronic work - temp controlled solder stations, hot air station, static controlled work area, etc. Just need to know what transistors are in there, lol.

Also, any idea what would have caused this?

Attachment 31255
    Attachment 31256
    Attachment 31257

Unit had a massive power surge, and to blow these power mosfet, rest ssured thats not the only issue. Best toss the project.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.