Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

yea, just think about it. You can get two of those for the price of one MILLER !
    You are gonna need them, because that's what it is gonna take to get one to keep working. Not to mention when you send it in for warranty work you will have months of vacation time toooooooooooo !
    Save your money and buy a real machine. Buy once, cry once. Wouldn't you rather buy a machine for a investment that when you go to sell it you won't lose much ? People selling MILLERS usually try to sell for what you can buy new for. They hold their value.

I have a Power Arc 200 Stick Machine it has been a good machine going on 2 years now, I also have a Lincoln A/C 225.

M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

If you look at the features and capability of an Everlast 210ext, there isn't an american made welder that will give you the same for anything less than 3 times the price.

If you're running a business and the welder is your bread and butter then you should match the functions to your business and buy a quality unit based on that. BUT, if you're a hobbyist welder looking for a machine that will weld just about anything and help improve the results with its functionality, then an Everlast is can't beat. Just be forewarned that you're going to have to read the manual and turn some dials to get good results. If you just want to flip the "on" switch and the ac/dc lever when you switch projects then you better buy something else.

I'll take an Everlast 210ext any day!

JFK92 -

I am not suggesting it. I'm flat out saying it.

BD1 -

You have no way of knowning whether or not he will need to buy another Everlast machine or not. You just have your opinion about it (and that's fine). The REALITY of the situation is that he may have to and then again he may not have to. He just needs to understand that he MIGHT have to and be ok with that. But then again he needs to understand the he may have to buy another replacement machine regardless of what brand of machine he buys.

Nathan128 -

Don't drink the coolaide as to what you should buy. Just do your homework, understand what you are getting into and do what's best for you whatever that is and don't worry about what others think you ought to do. Just listen to what others have to say and sift through the responses and then draw your own conclusions. After that, live with the consequences of the decision you ultimately end up making. Don't let fear preachers or snake oil salesmen make the decision for you. You'll know who they are. Millers are nice machines (no doubt about it), Lincolns aren't bad either and Thermal Arc makes some nice stuff too. I say this based on personnel experience with owning and using all of them. If I had to wait until I could afford to buy a miller TIG welder comparible to that 250EX I own, I'd be waiting years. I rather be welding with it now like I am doing than sitting around waiting to be welding with a machine I would not have for a few years to come. But then that machine does not bring home the bacon and I can do with out it. If I was really dependent upon it I wouldn't have purchased it since it is possible to have a lot of down time with it if something were to go wrong with it. I also get to chuckle at all the shi t that get stirred up when a green machine is mentioned. It really gets under the skin of some people. But I could not care less about that.

Everlast doesn't have good reputation, I have seen many people complaining about everlast welders. If you want to get real value for money with excellent quality go forMiller or Licnoln which are worth every penny.

ttppoopp , you are right. He could be in a financial situation where that is all he can afford and wants to buy now. Miller,lincoln, and Hobart are industry proven. There are old ones out there and still kicking.
    You can go to walley world and buy work boots for 50.00. or red wings for 200.00. you can walk in both of them. By the time your feet feel good in the cheap ones it is time for another. The quality product will feel good from the start. You get what you pay for.
    I wish him the best of luck which ever way he goes.

there is a lot of info and testing on these on welding tips and tricks web site. looks like a decent machine but still blue blooded.....
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list

I owned one for all of about 20 days! It was their top of the line 250 EXT machine that was suppose to be be best machine they ever had.. It wasn't EVER properly tested prior to being sold to the public mainly because Everlast is owned by one EX Russian dude that came to America to make his fortune and he's made a pretty good one so far selling JUNK welding machines and bull****ting his customers. Sure he'll send you out replacement parts I spoke with him more HOURS than I care to recall and during those calls he told me far too much about his company and what he pays for his equipment. A machine that he sells for 2K he has no more than 350 bucks in and he buys so much from the factory in China they ship him full containers of spare parts with every order for free just to continue doing business with him. He can replace anything you have go wrong and you will have plenty... On the 250 EXT his field test consisted of his field service man whom works from his house in Georgia while Everlast is in Cali they don't have a service department. This dude sits around his house in his BVD's eating Captin Crunch all day BSing poor unsuspecting customers like he know's what he's talking about. He's NOT EVER A WELDER!! He cuts down trees and sells fire wood when not chatting on the phone like he's an engineer and know's his **** which he don't know SHEEET! The Foot control on the EXT wouldn't work for at all and his tech repair man said --------------------> Real TIG welders don't use foot controls you should learn to weld and use the trigger on the torch.. He said that because the machine was NEVER at anytime tested to work with a foot control prior to selling them to the public! He uses the public to test his junk.. Go read on his site and you'll see for yourself. And all they do is think they have a Dynasty machine for a fraction of the price and we are all stupid for paying what Miller charges for our Dynasty... They are delusional beyond words!

If you buy an Everlast ANYTHING you need to have your head examined! I was stupid for buying one but they offered a 30 day money back warranty and I said it was worth a try. It wasn't worth the nightmare it caused dealing with that crazy man calling my house at all hours of the early morning because I'm east coast and he's in Cali calling out here in the middle of the night like a retard! The machines are junk and he's a JOKE!

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    there is a lot of info and testing on these on welding tips and tricks web site. looks like a decent machine but still blue blooded.....
    He gives that stuff to Jody for free to do those videos. He sells more stuff because of that one dude than any other way because people believe what he has to say like people can't be bought and paid for with money! In this world people would sell out their won mother for a dollar and we all know this is true. One man's word does not equal a quality machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner12R View Post
    He gives that stuff to Jody for free to do those videos. He sells more stuff because of that one dude than any other way because people believe what he has to say like people can't be bought and paid for with money! In this world people would sell out their won mother for a dollar and we all know this is true. One man's word does not equal a quality machine.
    There is certainly a quality difference coming off a Miller assembly line than there is an asian import assembly line. I bet every one of miller's assemblers has the ability to purchase and use that equipment. The materials, the labor, the testing and service by Miller as compared the the ChiCom stuff is miles better. Everyone knows Horror Frieght, and the trash they sell. Informed buyers can make do with throwaway tools, and even machines.

The whole " you can buy two asian welders for the price of a Miller" is stupid. Just like saying that any Hyundai is the same as a Mercedes, and you can buy two.

Even if quality is on par with Miller, the ChiCom mail order service scenario is BS. I am not an electrical technician, and I should not be made to diagnose internal problems on the phone to avoid the freight costs to get service. If I have any issue with my Miller machines, my LWS comes right out to assist. Then if he is stumped he calls upon the regional Miller rep. and they have it solved in short order or they swap it out with a loaner during repair or new unit.

Ya get what ya pay for. Oh, and never have these trash can welder people offered to let me demo one of their machines. They know it would never hold up in a professional environment. The fallout would be just plain embarrassing. Miller on the other hand treats me like a king. Demo this, demo that. I even have had the pleasure to demo Miller's orphan child, the Dynasty280. I have demoed Esab, Hobart, Miller, Linclone, and ThermalArc. Some were good, some were not(Esab).

Sure I could outfit my shop with 20 ChiCom units, and hire a plant manager to handle the service, warranty, and legal issues forthwith. But what a supreme hassle that would be. So why would I wish any of that on an amateur?

Sorry it turned into a rant.
    Last edited by shovelon; 01-17-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800