Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default everlast welders

Has anyone ever used or owned an everlast welding machine. Just wondering if they are a decent machine. Or if its just another cheap welder that's not gonna do what it's supposed to. Thanks guys

Nathan128 wrote "just another cheap welder that's not gonna do what it's supposed to."

You answered your own question. Their nickname is neverlast.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Default everlast welders

I kinda figured with the prices they have it was too good to be true. Thanks.

Default Comparison

Go to weldingtipsandtricks.com and Jody does a review and comparison on the Everlast welders.

Default everlast welders

There is more threads out there than our national Deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by GARAGEGADGETS View Post
    Go to weldingtipsandtricks.com and Jody does a review and comparison on the Everlast welders.
    I have heard both good and bad on them but I have watched Jody on Welding Tips, etc. and he does excellent work with one. I think most of the negative talk has to do with the fact that they are Asian built.

I'd like to try one sometime to see how they run but I'll still keep my Miller Syncrowave 200 which is a wonderfully reliable machine for the hobby work that I do. If I had the money, I'd upgrade to a Miller inverter machine but in the meantime, I'll just have to look at the ads and drool. LOL.

Price is important to me. I usually buy my equipment used. Another important thing to keep in mind, however, is support. If one of my used millers fails, guess what... I can get parts! Whether it is warranty or out of my pocket, parts area available. If I need consumables, there are multiple welding supplies that have contact tips or gun liners or whatever I need. Everlast might function fine, but can you, wherever you are, get the parts you need in a timely matter? Are you going to try and make money with your machine? If so, you better be able to get parts the same day or the next day. How do you explain to someone that there will be a delay in your services of 2 weeks because your only machine broke and your waiting for a little part to come in?
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

I own an Everlast machine. Mine (250EX with a water cooler) works just fine, so far. Had it a little over a year. Had a problem with the water cooler pump. They sent a new one right away. Had to replace it myself, no big deal. It took three days from the time it went down to the time it was up and running again. I haven't had any other problems with the setup and have no complaints either.
    Most of the credible complaints I have heard deal with the customer service if something really goes wrong with the machine. You may have to send it back and if you do you will have pay for the shipping yourself, even if the machine is under warranty and you might not get it back in short order. If you don't have to send it back you'll have to trouble shoot it on the phone and will have to wait for parts to be shipped to you (if parts are needed) and then fix it yourself. But that is their business model and you NEED to understand that and be ok with it before you decide to go with it. With my other equipment I can't afford to "wait" to get them fixed and therefore would not consider an everlast version of these products because of that.
    As far a how long my TIG setup will last ... that remains to be seen. Most likely it will not last as long as a conventional rectifier type machine (and this goes for any inverter type machine regardless of who makes it). Also it remains to be seen if the support is there for parts and such many years down the road. Miller provides support for a long time with their machines but that costs $$ and you pay for it in the purchase price. But when you need that it's worth the cost.
    Some of the negative press directed at Everlast may be justified but a lot of it isn't. A lot of it comes from people who have never owned or used an everlast product and just bash it because it isn't "american made". A lot of it comes from those who have purchased an everlast product and have had it not work and then get upset when they have to pay to send it back and don't get it back right away when they should have known full well that that is what they were buying into in the first place. It isn't like Everlast makes it a secret. Then there are those complaints that are completely justified. But then I've heard horror stories about Miller and Lincoln as well and I would assume some of those are justified and some aren't. There are pros and cons to owning any machine. Just do your homework and understand and be comfortable with what you are getting into and then do what's best for you with what you can afford to spend.

Default everlast welders

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm kinda thinking of getting one and just doing enough side jobs to get the nice miller machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ttppoopp View Post
    I own an Everlast machine................ But that is their business model and you NEED to understand that and be ok with it before you decide to go with it.................Miller provides support for a long time with their machines but that costs $$ and you pay for it in the purchase price. But when you need that it's worth the cost......Some of the negative press directed at Everlast may be justified but a lot of it isn't. A lot of it comes from people who have never owned or used an everlast product and just bash it because it isn't "american made".................when they should have known full well that that is what they were buying into in the first place. It isn't like Everlast makes it a secret. Then there are those complaints that are completely justified. But then I've heard horror stories about Miller and Lincoln as well and I would assume some of those are justified and some aren't. There are pros and cons to owning any machine. Just do your homework and understand and be comfortable with what you are getting into and then do what's best for you with what you can afford to spend.

WELL said! I own a Miller - paid more $ as I was more comfortable with it and the Co. as a new welder. But maybe down the road my budget will have me reconsider something 'else'.....but one question for you - are you SUGGESTING that people actually take RESPONSIBILITY for their own actions by READING and UNDERSTANDING....oh the horror....unfortunately that is a pretty wild and presumptuous idea......careful with those....might scare people...!
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP