Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Dialarc HF-P jumpers

Hello, I just bought a Dialarc HF-P welder. I am trying to figure out the jumpers to set it to 230 volts. I understand there were two options for this welder. How do i figure out which one is have.

The position of the current jumpers look like it is a 200/230/460 version.

If you look at the L1 and L2 positions on the board, it looks like the bottom version in the manual where the 1st. L is under pin 2 and the 2nd L is under pin 5. 230/460/575.

Not sure if this makes any difference in which version I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does the information plate on the outside of the machine specify 575v? If not, it is not that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    Does the information plate on the outside of the machine specify 575v? If not, it is not that one.
    Where is the information plate? I have not seen one, or the serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post
    Where is the information plate? I have not seen one, or the serial number.
    I don't own one of these but the manual says the serial number is on the name plate or the information label. Somewhere on that machine there is or was an information label that will give the voltage(s)/phase(s)/ frequency(s)/current(s). Not real good if it is missing could spell s-t-o-l-e-n. They are usually on the front panels or sometimes on the back but it should be there. Some machines may have the serial number additionally elsewhere internally I've heard. Never noticed this myself but that's what I've heard. If the information plate is gone and you can find the serial number, someone like Cruizer can give you the exact pedigree of your machine.
    The jumper that is in the picture you posted looks to me like it is jumpered for 460v. None of the other diagrams matches that position but that is just a guess. Good luck.
    Meltedmetal

It is definatly jumpered for 460, but which diagram do i use to jumper it for 230? It is different in each one.

The Line lugs in the bottom diagram match up to what i have.

The Line lugs in the top diagram are in different position than my board, but the jumper matches "460".

I wouldn't get too hung up on the physical location of where the inoming line connections are located. If the unit is linked for 460V right now (with terminal #3 jumped to #4) then for 230V you would link #2 to #3 and #4 to #5.

You can look where the fan motor is connected to the back side of the terminal strip to detemine if this a 200/230/460 unit or a 230/460/575 unit.

If it is a 200/230/460 unit, the fan wires will be connected to terminals #1 and #3

If it is a 230/460/575 unit, the fan wires will be connected to terminals #1 and #2

- keep in mind there are way more 200/230/460 units out there than the one that can be connected to 575V

Assuming you know it came out of a 460v environment my guess would be that you would use the upper part of the diagram that matches the jumpering configuration that has been used. You do realize that the up to 575v and the up to 460v only capability are not found in the same machine? One type is capable of 200v-230v-460v only and the other is capable of 230v-460v-575v only. Being jumpered for 460v the way it is in the picture would indicate to me that it must be an up to 460v only machine. Furthermore there is no voltage configuration in the up to 575v machine that uses that jumper position alone. So my deduction would be that it must be that it is up to 460v only again assuming no one has monkeyed with the wiring.
    Meltedmetal