Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    YES ! Do you have any metal storage areas ??? A cart on WHEELS would be awesome for short pieces, buckets, milk crates, etc. You could even use one for a chop saw table. Use one for a cart and add steel to the other for the table. Definitely will make storage for organizing tools, grinders, clamps, etc. You can never have enough. A cart on wheels has many uses. It'sonly money. When's the wife's birthday ? Great gift. I never deprive my wife of anything I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL thats right its not for another 8 months but I never have a problem getting her an early present for her that I want. And I do want her to learn to weld as well. She is more artsy then me. She would be good at decorative things. So she is going to learn as well. Be a two person team.

I do have some nice pieces of steel to add to the one cart and the welder setup and tools to the other. I knew I should have bought them soon as I saw them.

I will get them tomorrow as long as the seller is available and he should be good and ready to sell them by now.

I just got my miller owners club thing in the mail with a nice set of decals that will go very nice on them carts!

Thanks again to you and everyone who have given me so much information.

My next beads i will get uploaded. Like its been said I will just practice running the beads on metal not trying to join anything just trying to get familier. I got a nice 3/4 inch piece of smoked glass that would make a great coffee table and two really nice end tables.

Do the plasma cutters cut glass. I could swear I read they did, but not sure. That will be my next Bigger item. I will get the halogen and the stuff I need. Also where should I get the rollers for differnt size wire and nozzles and other consumables for the welder? I cant wait to get some more stuff. I am kinda of a horder when it comes to toys, dam it I mean TOOLS!
    Last edited by pmac; 01-15-2013 at 11:29 PM.

You don't need any new rollers-

the MM211 comes with all you need
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Plasma is not meant to cut glass. I get all my consumables at my lws.

''LOL thats right its not for another 8 months but I never have a problem getting her an early present for her that I want. And I do want her to learn to weld as well. She is more artsy then me. She would be good at decorative things. So she is going to learn as well. Be a two person team. ''

Wedding gift, get HER a MILLER 200 Syncro , tig and stick. This way YOU can
    STICK it to her.

My wife told me this morning that she wants the Passport back, she likes the arc better than the MM211

( she does weld)
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    My wife told me this morning that she wants the Passport back, she likes the arc better than the MM211

( she does weld)
    So, how are you liking the 211???
    Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
    My own shop since 1981
    Cya Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank865 View Post
    So, how are you liking the 211???
    I like the MM211 but prefer the arc of the Passport also
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    You don't need any new rollers-

the MM211 comes with all you need

Ya i misunderstsand what it meant on the roller. The one side is like .030-.035
    and the other side is for the smaller stuff.

I met resistance on the carts. But I wont let that stand in my way. God i just hope he still has then in a week or so.

I got the HOW MUCH are you going to spend you already spent 1600.00

But no worries, I will passify for a few days and then do my thing.

I have to get away from carpentry. I cant take steps, or work on ladders anymore. There is no way I can continue. I have to be on a level surface shop type environment. Cause of two knees that need replaced. Motocross was hard on the body and tore me up pretty good. So in time, Thats all I am going to do is weld.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Plasma is not meant to cut glass. I get all my consumables at my lws.

Ok ya I wasnt sure If I saw that or not. I thought i did see the plasma will cut glass, but i must have been mistaking.

So the lws. Ok I need more stuff. Right now like i said I am getting resistance from my other half. But its not going to last. I DO WHAT I WANT TO DO I aint letting someone tell me how I AM GOING TO SPEND OUR MONEY LOLOLOL! Jk. I will be reasonable and try to pick up them carts next week. GEESH!

Just cause i sometimes mistake and call them toys, they are really TOOLS! She dont get that, not only am I going to be welding, but SO IS SHE! She just dont understand it yet. She is very artsy and I know she will love doing the more artsy creative stuff. I mean we both play several instraments, she was in many bands, from dance to rock, she loves to paint, She just dont know how much she loves to weld YET!

And **** Its only MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by pmac View Post
    Ya i misunderstsand what it meant on the roller. The one side is like .030-.035
    and the other side is for the smaller stuff.

I met resistance on the carts. But I wont let that stand in my way. God i just hope he still has then in a week or so.

I got the HOW MUCH are you going to spend you already spent 1600.00

But no worries, I will passify for a few days and then do my thing.

I have to get away from carpentry. I cant take steps, or work on ladders anymore. There is no way I can continue. I have to be on a level surface shop type environment. Cause of two knees that need replaced. Motocross was hard on the body and tore me up pretty good. So in time, Thats all I am going to do is weld.
    You will need different rollers for .023 and then for larger wire but in reality the .030
    Wire will work for a wide range and more so since you are just starting

Go weld some **** together

Right now yer discussing guitar string size but haven't learned to play the guitar

You gotta learn smoke on the water first ��
    Last edited by Broccoli1; 01-18-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus