Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

dang- wish I was closer I would buy some of those as I'm about to make something similar.

You can cut a hole in the top deck for the gas tank but lifting the tank up 24" might be a pain but they'll last a long time fo' sho.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Those carts are awesome. you got a $100.00 in wheels ! I would cut the top shelf
    open for the tank . Set tank on bottom shelf and push into opening, secure ,and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    dang- wish I was closer I would buy some of those as I'm about to make something similar.

You can cut a hole in the top deck for the gas tank but lifting the tank up 24" might be a pain but they'll last a long time fo' sho.

I am on it! I will call him tomorrow and grab two of them! I thought they seemed like a nice item!

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Those carts are awesome. you got a $100.00 in wheels ! I would cut the top shelf
    open for the tank . Set tank on bottom shelf and push into opening, secure ,and your good to go.
    Roger that! I am on it. Like i said to brocolli I thought they seemed nice for 85 bucks and looked like it would work as a descent cart, not to mention to have an extra to move heavy stuff around.

You woudnt know what one of them wieghs do you?

My concern is how i would get them in my truck? I might have to rent a dam trailer so i dont have to get them lifted as high.

Quote Originally Posted by pmac View Post
    Roger that! I am on it. Like i said to brocolli I thought they seemed nice for 85 bucks and looked like it would work as a descent cart, not to mention to have an extra to move heavy stuff around.

You woudnt know what one of them wieghs do you?

My concern is how i would get them in my truck? I might have to rent a dam trailer so i dont have to get them lifted as high.
    They're 40" long- stand them on end and then lift it up on to the tailgate
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    They're 40" long- stand them on end and then lift it up on to the tailgate

Ya I can see that. I just hope he isnt like an old frail guy LOL. Cause i am no power lifter either but ya that is pretty long. Any idea rough estimate of what that would wiegh? I will give him a call tomorrow. I knew i should have just got two of them. I wasnt sure but It seemed like a nice cart. That top plate looks pretty thick.

Quote Originally Posted by pmac View Post
    Ya I can see that. I just hope he isnt like an old frail guy LOL. Cause i am no power lifter either but ya that is pretty long. Any idea rough estimate of what that would wiegh? I will give him a call tomorrow. I knew i should have just got two of them. I wasnt sure but It seemed like a nice cart. That top plate looks pretty thick.
    The shelves are sheet metal bent down but they are still substantial carts

The CL ad has a link to the carts specs

Looks to be about 150-200lbs
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I agree with above, no problem getting in truck. You are only lifting one end while the other will be against the tailgate. while lifting just hold against tailgate and once you get it tilted so far slide in. I would try to offer 150.00 for two.
    Ask seller if he has any steel laying around too. Maybe see if he has some damaged ones you can salvage and rework. TAKE LOTS OF CASH!!!! CASH !!!
    GOOD shopping and dealing !

Ya 200lbs aint bad. I will offer $150 for two thats what I was thinking. Hopefully he does have some other weldable stuff laying around.

I saw them had to be about 2 weeks or so ago I was actually looking for metal to weld.

That ad should have been up for a while now too. So hopefully he will take $75 a piece. I would definitly like to have 2 of them.

You think if he stays firm at $85 a piece still worth getting 2?

YES ! Do you have any metal storage areas ??? A cart on WHEELS would be awesome for short pieces, buckets, milk crates, etc. You could even use one for a chop saw table. Use one for a cart and add steel to the other for the table. Definitely will make storage for organizing tools, grinders, clamps, etc. You can never have enough. A cart on wheels has many uses. It'sonly money. When's the wife's birthday ? Great gift. I never deprive my wife of anything I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!