Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: student welder

Default student welder

My name is Robert and I've been working various construction jobs since I turned 18. Any way down to the issue, I am looking into buying my first piece of property and want to do it now before market jumps back but I need to find work once I move there so my question to all of you working weldors where is there work or where can I obtain updated information about employment and pay rates?

Default student welder

Also forgot to mention I'm hoping to stay in TIG maybe something in renewable energy

hay bud, what kinda experience do you have?

Default student welder

Still in school but I also have maybe a year on fire watch, my school is vocational as well can I write it off as working?

Where are you (or do you want to move to)?

Does "my school is vocational as well can I write it off as working?" mean that you are asking with regard to getting a loan/mortgage? If so, probably not ... they will want to see real proof of financial assets or income (tax forms, w2s, etc) covering some period of time. My understanding also is that if you are self-employed, they want to see more records covering more time than if you work for an established company.

When I got my new house/shop for 150k. I needed to show perfect bank statements/invoices for 3 years.

If you asking where work is, its everywhere. You just need to find it as good jobs don't craigslist.

I personally like working in the food industry. All stainless, all PITA.

Default student welder

All these are good info I am hooked on welding and am sucking info up like a sponge, and no I was referring to my school written off as work experience for when I go to look for a job. And yes I am in Florida and looking to go west and north, tired of the beach to be honest.