Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default millermatic 200 price

Alright guys got a Millermatic 200 lined out if I want it gonna go look at it tomorrow, gotta drive 130 miles to get it which ain't too big of a deal. I've read these are good machines and weld excellent. Think its a fair deal but not sure, guy said it welds good with no problems and he had a makita chop saw to throw in with it as well. He wants $950 and here are the details. Milltermatic 200 Unit comes with 33 lbs of .035 wire, 75/25 argon bottle, flow gauge regulator, and 50' of 220 V lead, so you can move the welder that amount of distance when welding. Tweco idustrial gun. He will hook it up so I can weld with the unit and see how nice it welds, and rarely gives any trouble.He was a painter , so there is some overspray on the machine, but will come off. Guy said hes selling for a woman welder belonged to her husband and he died, he does not know if it is a owned or leased bottle. Also it is a white face model. I've attached the picture. If it don't look good I'm thinking about just stopping at northern tool and picking the ironman 230 up putting what money I have down and financing the rest. Thinking about offering $850 or is that still too much. Thanks for your thoughts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default break down

Bottle if filled and can be refilled 300
    Full spool of wire 65
    Regulator 35
    Cost welder 550
    Great price no. Bad deal no. Would i buy it no, to old, obsolete. Look for a 251, newer parts will be around a long time and easy to sell if you want to upgrade.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagn5 View Post
    Bottle if filled and can be refilled 300
    Full spool of wire 65
    Regulator 35
    Cost welder 550
    Great price no. Bad deal no. Would i buy it no, to old, obsolete. Look for a 251, newer parts will be around a long time and easy to sell if you want to upgrade.
    Kevin
    Don't forget the 50 ft. extension cord. 8/3 wire maybe $2.50/3.00 ft.

If that's what your looking for & need then buy it. You could wait for a better deal but it might not come along. If you buy new figure the cost of a bottle also. These machines are old but good. See if you can find out what kind of enviroment it was in.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Just a point of interest the MM200 has a duty cycle more like the MM252 than the MM212.
    So where exactly were you going to say this welder is?Haha.
    Meltedmetal

Default bought it

Got it for $850 with the chop saw and 5 blades as well. Got tired of looking. It's in great shape, inside is in superb shape has a little overspray on the one side because guy was a painter. He even kept a light in the panel all the time to keep humidity out of it. Welds smoother and nicer than any mig welder I have ever touched I love the way it welds. Only thing I do not like about it is the gun works good but it is a old tweco with a gun and only a 10' cord, I'll probaly be looking for a adapter to put a newer 15' tweco or bernard on it. Also do not like the loud fan being on all the time thinking about putting a switch or thermostat on it. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the welder especially with how it welds, may of paid too much may have not I don't know and don't care just glad to have a mig in my shop again.

Congrats, those are great machines.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Congrats on the "new" machine. I trust you'll love it for years to come.

On the fan, the later and current "Fan on Demand" feature utilizes three different temperature switches and if you attempt to modify this machine, make sure you duplicate the same circuit or you'll run the risk of over heating one or more major components (main transformer or output rectifier). Personally I would leave it as is as some - myself included - believe the resaon the original MM200s (as well as MM35s) have lasted as long as they have is they never get a chance to get hot as a result of the fan running continuously.

For the gun, if you replace the Tweco, I would suggest a new 15' Bernard with a Miller back end that'll connect right up the MM200 drive unit.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Mine is a '84 as I recall. Great welder. Mine has fan on demand. I have never had an issue with it getting too hot and I have run a bit of spray arc through it. The fan is a little loud, though it moves a lot of air. Be sure to take the cover off and blow out the inside. Replacement guns can be had off of ebay. Either the Miller M-25, or the Bernard Q gun with a miller back end. Under $100 for either shipped.

Years ago I had one like you have, Mine was about a 1987 and after 10 years I sold it and bought a newer better one.
    And Guess what ( The new one sucked ) so they took it back and gave me what they called the vintage which was more like my MM200.

Last summer I went to a garage sale and a guy had my identical mm200 which is approx.1987 vintage. I got it for $ 400.00, put a new gun on it and a 40' 8/3 extension chord on it.
    It has just as good of a arc as any of my newer migs.

The only problem I had with the 1987 mig was that the Hi/Lo plug would get hot and melt. I havent used the new old mig enough to see if it will have the same issue as my old one but it has a great arc.

You wont be disapointed in my opinion.