Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Uploading pics

Default Uploading pics

it's been a while since I posted any pictures and things have changed. help!
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

When you are typing a post there are a bunch of buttons above the text field. In the second row, towards the right there is a group of four buttons. The right icon looks like a film strip. Just left of that is a button that displays the text "insert image" when you hover your mouse above it. Click it. Should be fairly easy from there.

That is the way I post pictures. Seems to work well for me.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

I tried that and it says uploading of file failed
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Do you run an odd broswer or something? I'm on firefox for mac and it worked fine for me just a few seconds ago. Sorry I couldn't help.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Thanks for the help. I mess with it a bit
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

I tried another pic with smaller file and it seemed to work. the one that didn't work was over 2 mb. It that too large?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

I found out pics have to be under 100 kb and I would have to resize photo and I don't know how to do that. OH well
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

I use a viewing/ organizing program that came with my camera. When you export a picture it gives you the option to re-size it. I export the picture to a file where i can find it in it's new dial-up friendly size.I think there is a similar function in Windows somewhere. I know not much help. Maybe one of the computer people should add that information to the Posting pictures sticky at the top of the discussion page.
    meltedmetal

Cameras tend to put out VERY high-quality images; higher than is necessary online. So sometimes you can compress them simply by opening the image in MSPaint (comes with all versions of Windows), and then saving it. When you open it, note the filesize, and then again after it's saved. If it's still too big (and still open in MSPaint), hit CTRL+W 75 TAB 75 ENTER, and save it with a new name (so your original isn't lost). Then check the filesize and repeat shrinking it as needed.

Then there are many 3rd-party applications that allow image editing: Gimp, XNView, JPEGCruncher...

Personally, I prefer to use a free image-hosting website that provides access to the original high-res image, a "standard" size that fits on most screens, and a linked thumbnail that doesn't slow down web pages for those not interested in the full-size image. SuperMotors.net also provides the uBB/vBB code to drop any of them into a post in a discussion forum like this, making it really easy to embed the version you choose, like this:

The way I do it is to write in what I have to say, then scroll down and look for the place that says "manage attachments" and go from there. When you click it, it opens a small window where you select "add files" and select the pic you want, hit open, then upload file. I hope you enjoy this stupid sign in attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images