Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Airgas is a failing enterprise

Reply Y or N

Yes they are

They dont have much stock for TIG and i dont like how they are unwilling to refill customer owned tanks.

But why do you think they are failing?

They will refill your tank if you can wait about 6 weeks. They will send it out to a main plant to refill. This is a corporate thing that is hurting them. I know longer will deal with them for anything I need except gas. My other supplier wont refill the tank I bought from them because it says airgas.

Their TIG selection IS terrible, couldn't agree more. The Airgas near me doesn't stock ceriated tungsten at all. Come on folks

sounds like you boys out west dont have the support that we have in the east, most airgas suppliers here are fairly well stocked, or what i should say, is, stocked, the next day when they can get supplies from another store, as with any business, they carry the minimum, and have access close by for supplies. i really dont like dealing with the corporate big boy,, it is not the same as the indy lws.

Airgas suc*s near me, North East NJ. They have a low supply of nothing I need. They charge Hazmat on everything. I only use them for gas

I have to agree - not a favorite supplier... I do use them for all gas unless i run out on a job and its closer to another supplier, i have brought every size and make of tank to them and never had them question anything as far as filling it goes , just roll a filled one out and its done.

Far as pricing goes - higher than most places , but almost never have to order anything unless its A odd item. There stock is good and the manager is good about keeping what i need in stock or having it there for me if i want to experiment with something new.

NOW - as far a the upper management and the accounting dept. they are SORRY - thats putting it nice. Locally the employees are real good , but thats where it stops.

Air gas has pulled up stakes in Atlanta.
    Greg

Cool

It might be failing to the little guy but big business loves it. They don't mind paying more for something brought to the door and dropped off. I see the Airgas truck every Fri bringing pallets of wire, and hundreds of bottles of gas and a new welder every now and then. Nothing slowing down there...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48