Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default millermatic auto feed

Welding in auto feed (millermatic 211) mode wire started hitting the bottom. Worked fine in manual. Is this a sign of something going wrong? setting on .030 wire.

Hitting Bottom??
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Hitting Bottom??
    Sounds like the spool is running out of wire, install new spool of wire. I didn't know the MM211 had an Auto Feed mode. Do you means Auto Set? If so, go back to manual settings and forget the A/S mode. Most people that have these machines find out it don't work as advertised. Manual setting is the way to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    Sounds like the spool is running out of wire, install new spool of wire. I didn't know the MM211 had an Auto Feed mode. Do you means Auto Set? If so, go back to manual settings and forget the A/S mode. Most people that have these machines find out it don't work as advertised. Manual setting is the way to go with it.
    That's for sure! The auto setting on my new MM211 is next to worthless. Waaaaaaaaay too hot on any but the thickest steel. Kind of irritating that they would develop (and charge) for a feature that is so far off from what's it is advertised to do for most people. Having said that, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Just wish I hadn't paid for a useless "bell and whistle".

Quote Originally Posted by the45er View Post
    That's for sure! The auto setting on my new MM211 is next to worthless. Waaaaaaaaay too hot on any but the thickest steel. Kind of irritating that they would develop (and charge) for a feature that is so far off from what's it is advertised to do for most people. Having said that, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Just wish I hadn't paid for a useless "bell and whistle".
    You need to stop bashing a feature that you seem unable to comprehend. Auto-set works as advertised. You NEED to adjust it to your conditions just like any other machine. The idea is to get you in the ball park...no different than out of Auto-set, save for the fact that you have half the knobs to turn.
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.