Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default plasma cutter tracer (new)

ATTENTION! ALL METAL ARTISTS AND FABRICATORS!!! i have designed and built a prototype plasma cutter tracer for artists and fabricators alike, using only a cheap berlan from ebay and pt31 torch,

and would like any feedback as i may put it into prodution or just sell the plans in the near future. thanks for looking, hope to hear some of your thoughts. Here are some of the items i have cut with it. These are not cut with a cnc machine,or have any motoriside parts or any elastictrickery apart from the torch itself. they are all on a4 paper, but the machine table has a work area of 800mm X 800mm. cheers Dave

Your pcs. look nice but with out seeing the machine/setup I can't give you any more feedback.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Default plasma tracer

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    Your pcs. look nice but with out seeing the machine/setup I can't give you any more feedback.
    believe me i would love to show you the machine, but its been a while in development getting the right combination of ideas to work correctly together, and as its still only in prototype stage with no patent as yet, i'd be a fool to let the world and his daughter in on it. Im sure you can understand my secrecy. what i can tell you is its a very simple idea with few moving parts and easy to use (i'm by no means an artist) but the picture of marilyn i just printed from internet, then 10 minutes later she was done. i would say you could make around five copies of it from the same printout,then just reprint and youre away again. you can also use a pre cut template if you wish to make many repeated parts. IMAG0039.jpg

So its a scam then?
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch (for sale)
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    So its a scam then?
    no scam, just interested to hear other peoples thoughts on it outside my family and friends. i had an idea, "my ideas are usually rubbish" but they seemed to like this one.

I just saw an ad on the jpmagazine that some one already offering that. can you beat the price? $95 or is that you.

If you stop & think about what your asking you'll realize that no one can comment on it. Below is what your asking.

--I have x which does this but I can't show you x because someone can steal my idea. What do you think of x & is it a good design?--
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    If you stop & think about what your asking you'll realize that no one can comment on it. Below is what your asking.

--I have x which does this but I can't show you x because someone can steal my idea. What do you think of x & is it a good design?--
    correct! you cannot comment on my design, but the design is not important at this stage only the results of what it can achieve with the information given.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdog View Post
    I just saw an ad on the jpmagazine that some one already offering that. can you beat the price? $95 or is that you.
    hi, no im afraid thats not me, i dont have it for sale anywhere.

Optical tracers, scanned images, etc have been done to death. Very good stuff already out there already, so unless your has a good gimmick, or is dirt cheap, then it is just another in the long line. Not sayin it is not a good idea, just don't know.