Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Reading this and now I am worried. The 211 will be here tomorrow or Wednesday, While I have shop power I planned to use this with a generator also.

My gen. is 6800 running watts, 60hz, 30amp 220v with below 6% THD. It all seems good enough but now I have doubts.

Seems I read that the 211 needs a 25amp input. I'm half asleep so I don't know but the last thing I need is a sputtering mig. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Maybe .030 wire and taking it easy will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    Reading this and now I am worried. The 211 will be here tomorrow or Wednesday, While I have shop power I planned to use this with a generator also.

My gen. is 6800 running watts, 60hz, 30amp 220v with below 6% THD. It all seems good enough but now I have doubts.

Seems I read that the 211 needs a 25amp input. I'm half asleep so I don't know but the last thing I need is a sputtering mig. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Maybe .030 wire and taking it easy will do.
    Your genset outputs 30 amps and the MM211 needs 25 input amps. The 25 amp input is only needed when you get to the upper range of the MM211, which you probably won't be in most of the time, so you should be good to go with that rig. Even maxed out, you still have a little buffer room on the genset. Just make sure it is not set for "Auto-Idle" so the engine stays at operating RPM while welding.

Whatever happened with phayne and his situation? Did he get what he needed or what? It's like he just fell off the edge of the earth.He should have had the courtesy to reply back with his final purchase/decision was on this post, after the suggestions and responses he got.
    Last edited by Bistineau; 02-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    Your genset outputs 30 amps and the MM211 needs 25 input amps. The 25 amp input is only needed when you get to the upper range of the MM211, which you probably won't be in most of the time, so you should be good to go with that rig. Even maxed out, you still have a little buffer room on the genset. Just make sure it is not set for "Auto-Idle" so the engine stays at operating RPM while welding.

Whatever happened with phayne and his situation? Did he get what he needed or what? It's like he just fell off the edge of the earth.He should have had the courtesy to reply back with his final purchase/decision was on this post, after the suggestions and responses he got.
    Thanks a million, takes the edge off to hear some positive advice. I can't wait to run my first ever mig bead. Love the tig and stick but always wanted to try mig.

I don't about phayne, guess he is out making decisions.