Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Default Welder Generator

Take back the 252 and get a MM200 and a $1200 gen. $3000 done
    Just my .02 on that budget
    Or as cruizer stated 250 Bobcat and VS Wire feeder @ $5400 + another $1000 for cart and lead
    Welding is not cheap, to do it right!!!
    Kevin

Two more options to consider for a lower cost, that may still fit your needs is the Blue Star 185 or the WildCat 200 both from Miller. A little lower cost than the BobCat but still fairly capable little welders.

I' suggest hiring a welder to help you make a decision. Probably cost you an hour. Actually maybe y'all should just hire the welder when you have something needs fixing.:-)
    ==============
    Miller 211 MVP
    Hobart StickMate LX 235
    Lincoln AC 225
    CutMaster 42

Default miller renegage

Miller until recently made an 13hp 150 amp welder generator which had a built in mig gun woild work perfect, unit was called the miller renegage. Or get a bobcat 225 or lincoln ranger, with a spoolgun, or vs feeder.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

I would get a small genset and a Miller Maxstar if I couldn't reach it, then some kind of wire feed for the shop. A gas engine drive is terrible for this kind of work, starting it for every zot gets old and expensive. The 252 is good,, for the shop where it belongs, you probably should have kept it. If you don't have it you need one.

Sounds like this outfit is way behind the curve. Yodidn'tnt list location but you need a good consultant,,, this may be different than a good welder and a god one is not there to agree with every idea, he should be there to fit the equipment to the job.
    Maybe you should have asked your maintenance guy
    He might not know either,, they obviously didnt charge him with getting the equipment.
    Last edited by Sberry; 01-10-2013 at 04:21 AM.

I have a sneaking suspicion, these guys don't have a actual shop. Perhaps a quonset. Thats why the fella was asking for a generator to run the 252. Otherwise why the generator?

Anyhow, we don't know what the maint guy is doing, or why he needs a welder

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post

Anyhow, we don't know what the maint guy is doing, or why he needs a welder
    Don't even know if they maintenance guy knows what to do with a welder IF he had it.
    Maybe the suggestion for hiring a weldor when he's needed is the best option here, DUNNO Maybe Phayne will come back to clear up the muddy water soon.

Ok here is one for you. What would be a good little mig and generator for a startup mobile welding business. I know some newer generators are brushless and so on so forth. I'm looking to cut down weight for jobs that of don't need the 1200 lb rig to fix a deck for a lawn mower or just basic household stuff. I don't have a shop yet and I am just putting this business venture together so it's hard for me to say bring it here. I do have my million dollar welders contractors insurance pack. I have been welding for a shop for a wile now just unsure of duty cycles some are 10 min some are 30 min. To bad the miller renegade isn't here to save the day.

How do you make sure it's running clean power btw.