Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Field Form

Petesc,
    Where can I find the field form you are referencing?

I changed over to Lanthanated yesterday with a 60 degree point with a flat half the diameter of the tungsten.
    What a difference. I decided to go back to Soft/Same and turned the Bal up to 75% from 71% with ACF down to 115from 125. The major concern was how the arc effected the molten pool. Going from a large "ball" to a "point" really shows how the metal is manipulated by the more focused arc, especially before it's up to the proper temperature. It reminded me of welding Al with OA
    I went back in and switched to Advanced/Independent and gave it the EN100 & EP67 with Bal of 75% and ACF 120. I know you fellas suggested 2% Lanthanated but all I had was 1.5% (not the same), so this AM Im prepping out some 2% Ceriated and I'm sure this will be good

Thank You all

Quote Originally Posted by 4sfed View Post
    How does the coolant help? My 300DX has had the same problem from day one.

Thanks
    Coolant flows through your power cable , over time it can become contaminated and conductive to the high frequency wave.Electricity always finds the easiest path.Too much gas or a surge of gas hurts starting as well.

It's been a while since I changed the coolant. Couldn't hurt to give it a try.
    Dynasty 300DX
    MM350P
    Hobart Handler 120
    Smith LW7, MW1, AW1
    Smith AR/He Mixer

Default Old Dogs/New Tricks

2% Ceriated is IN...
    Tried with a conical shape on tip, no bueno. Took Balance out and balled "slightly" allows for a smoother puddle that "wets" in better. A pointed tip distorts the puddle too much. (in my opinion and particular application).
    Arc starts are improving a bit with a "smaller" ball. That 1% Zirconiated IS garbage!! I sure as **** enjoy having ALL the adjustment capabilities that the Dynastys have. Been fussing with them all day

Old dogs have better tricks and new tricks aren't as hard to learn when you keep an open mind!!