Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default More Econotig issues...., arc issues, no amperage control

Hi, New to the forums here. Been reading everything I can on these econotig issues. Mine seems to be just a tad but different, or maybe not.

First off I only use my machine for tig.. I replaced all torch components. Running I think the new purple tungsten. Airgas set me up with saying it will do alum/ and steel. regulator is at 20, tank is nearly full.

I seem to have couple issues. My high freq works half the time, could be ground.

It seems like it does not have enough oomph to even start a puddle, on 1/16-1/8" steel or aluminum. It barely has enough to melt the filler.

Now If I crank it all the way up to 100% on the dial or all the way down the outcome is the same, not enough to start a puddle on steel. With my pedal I don't have any control either. Wide open or the very least the control does not differ. Like on or off.

Thanks PRAXAIR wants $180 to send it out, + any more after that you won't know until you get the bill............ F-THAT !!

Sounds like your PC1 arc start board is pooched.

I'm assuming this is the $300-400 board that I've been reading about?

Dumb question but what would be the best course of action?

Weird tho I seemed to be able to weld Or what I assume to be welding cuz I used some filler up, lol some 1/8th

aluminum last night. Seemed like i had to move really really fast. But on some mild

steel I can't get a puddle to start? DCEN is what I was on for steel

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137