Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Lightbulb Double Bench Grinder Stand

Does anyone EVER update the projects gallery? The latest one in the SHOP section is several months old, at least.

Anyway... I'm an amateur working out of my garage, so space is at a premium. I didn't have room to put 2 grinders on my bench, so I came up with this portable stand that I can use inside or out.

The PREVious few pics show the construction, but it's nothing complex. I used a sheet of black vinyl (like a dealership's new-car license plate substitute) as a shim between the pipes. And there are diamond-tread rubber pads on the bottom so it doesn't move on pavement or wobble/slide in dirt. I've been using it infrequently for a few weeks now, and it seems to be very stable & convenient.

Looks Good.

Nice, are those mounted in place or on receiver tube so you can place either one on top?

That's a pretty cool idea....nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Nice, are those mounted in place or on receiver tube so you can place either one on top?
    It looks to me that you pull the pin & it rotates on the pipe so the grinders "switch places".
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Thumbs up good job

I made one last october, wanted it to swing away and the possibility to work from different positions, if your pic was posted yours before, i might have considered the portability feature of yours. Good idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    It looks to me that you pull the pin & it rotates on the pipe so the grinders "switch places".
    Right - the table that they're both bolted to spins on the pipe. Flipping them also helps dump out debris that collects inside the guards.