Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 25 pound spool

Hybrid View

Default 25 pound spool

I'm a novice welder with a minor problem. Someone gave me a 25 pound spool of mig wire. Does anyone know where I can get an adapter hub so I can use it on my small machine?

If you have some empty spools for your MIG you can re-spool it on to one of them. Just get a peice of all thread and sandwich the spool between two nuts and washers. Then put the end in your drill and spin it to reel on the wire from the larger spool. Keep the allthread fairly short, just enough to go in the drill chuck and pass thru the take up spool with the nuts and washers on it. You may need to double nut it to keep it from loosening while reeling. Put the large spool on a rod so it can roll freely while you do it. Hold a little tension on the wire while it feeds on to the take up spool.

Will it physically fit in your machine & only the hole size if different?
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24