Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool PC2 circuit board for Trailblazer 302

Any one have any luck with any of the circuit board repair shops? Recommendations?
    Any recommendations on a place to get a new circuit board/miller parts with a little easier price?

I am looking for a 221756 Circuit card and a 217680 switch.Thanks

Tom

That board is very popular to blow, and a repair shop is unlikely to repair it properly. Go to :www.miller4less.com for parts.

Now the only reason they tend to blow from my standpoint as a repair tech is that you let your high idle rpm drop too low. either measured by RPM if you have that function somewhere around 3750 RPM. I tend not to use that function instead tune these welders via the frequency which is around the 62.5 hz rule.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    That board is very popular to blow, and a repair shop is unlikely to repair it properly. Go to :www.miller4less.com for parts.

Now the only reason they tend to blow from my standpoint as a repair tech is that you let your high idle rpm drop too low. either measured by RPM if you have that function somewhere around 3750 RPM. I tend not to use that function instead tune these welders via the frequency which is around the 62.5 hz rule.
    Thanks cruizer. Is it normal for a 200 hour machine to creep off the high idle of 3750?I had to jump start this machine and had the problems with it afterwards.The tech at Miller informed me that jump starting these machines are not a good idea.How do you tune to 62.5 HZ?Also I got the circuit board and starter switch at miller for less, for less than the price of the circuit board alone at other places,thanks again for that info.

Now the only reason they tend to blow from my standpoint as a repair tech is that you let your high idle rpm drop too low.
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by catD8R View Post
    I had to jump start this machine and had the problems with it afterwards.
    That kind of information is always most helpful. Not the first time that's been mentioned and likely not just a coincidence. Just curious - jumped from a vehicle or booster/charger?

Quote Originally Posted by catD8R View Post
    The tech at Miller informed me that jump starting these machines are not a good idea.
    Likewise, not the first time that's been mentioned. Unfortunately, if such is a potential problem as indicated, there is nothing stating so in the unit manuals that I cold find.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

The jump start on a dead battery surge, I can kinda see doing wonders for the power board.

However those that haven't been jump started have been comming in with engines not at the usual 62hz high idle no load, but at 57HZ and below, all with fizzled power boards.

Cool

The jump start on a dead battery surge, I can kinda see doing wonders for the power board.

However those that haven't been jump started have been comming in with engines not at the usual 62hz high idle no load, but at 57HZ and below, all with fizzled power boards.
    Ok so again I will ask is it common for a 200 hour machine to creep off of the high idle setting?Is it something that should be check at regular intervals?I mean Im not a full time welder.This just sits on my F650 mechanics truck and when something breaks on my D8R Dozer thats when I use the thing/or for A/C power.This was brand new in 05 when I purchased the truck and it only has 200 hours on it.

Whats the process to set the high Idle to 60HZ?

Get a meter that reads ac freq (Hertz) pop your leads into each side of the 120 auxillary. Put your machine to high idle , and read the freq on the meter. Adjust your engine to 62.5 hz

and yes, its comes off that setting within 50 hrs.

Cool

Get a meter that reads ac freq (Hertz) pop your leads into each side of the 120 auxillary. Put your machine to high idle , and read the freq on the meter. Adjust your engine to 62.5 hz

and yes, its comes off that setting within 50 hrs.
    Thanks cruizer your replies have been most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Care to elaborate?

That kind of information is always most helpful. Not the first time that's been mentioned and likely not just a coincidence. Just curious - jumped from a vehicle or booster/charger?

Likewise, not the first time that's been mentioned. Unfortunately, if such is a potential problem as indicated, there is nothing stating so in the unit manuals that I cold find.
    Jumped from my F650.

Default Spare Parts Trailblazer 302 221756

Does anyone have a defective 221756 board with the knobs in place. We had a little accident where the knob was busted off and I cant seem to cross the variable resistor / thermistor soldered on to the board. Regards, Tim