Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default stick welding noob.... any advice on this ? root&fill

**** weld1.jpg

**** weld2.jpg

can any one help me out with this? 2 months of practice and i cant get it done the right way...

6010 root, 7018 fill &cover...uphill.

thank you....

Default stick welding noob.... any advice on this ? root&fill

Watch under the rod, get ur face below that rod and watch it go in

Weld your first picture your welds look good but you need to work on your starts and stops. Start alittle bit above the where you last left off and then drop your rod down and fill that puddle and than continue going up. And as for the 6010 you want to come in and out with it, it is not used the same as a 7018. And don't worry about the porosity when you start filling in with your 7018 the penetration will make up for it!

I am shopping around for a TIG welder, as anyone would see, tig is a fairly expensive feature on a welder. I have spoke with a few guys (they are trying to sell their TIG) and they often state that the pulse feature is entirely unneeded. I really can't say so one way or another so I am hoping for some great personal feedback.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137