Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ja baudin View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ShV7cii0aY

This is what can happen when you shoot a steel target, scary!!

Almost positive that target in the video was set on the ground/against the bank. WRONG.

Target steel should be hung by two chains, so as to deflect upon impact. The sound at impact tells me they did NOT have that target set up properly (safely).

It's a good example of what not to do, thanks ja for posting it.

Also, anyone thinking of making a dueling tree should take a look at the high speed and $$$ newer commercial designs, which angle fwd, toward the shooter slightly, so that any misses into the frame, etc. are deflected downward.

Take a look at the Action Target brand. The only kind i will buy or suggest at present. You won't wear one out if used properly.

Default welding 3/8" AR plate

What type of fiberglass insulation would work best? Would fiberglass welding blankets suffice if I wrapped them up in it? Or do I need to look at something else? I've used fiberglass header wrap, and it isn't durable once it gets hot- will the same happen to the blankets? What about sand or other ways of controlling a slow cool down?

Default ammo

Shooting the correct fragabile ammo helps to.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck