Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default waste oil burning shop stove with blower vents

I'm looking for ideas on building a shop heater. The type made fron 2 55gal barrels stacked. Where the top barrel has pipes.with a blower to distribute the. Heat. I've look online but haven't found detailed instructions on the build and setup. If anyone has one would you explain.
    1. Could I drip the oil. Or does it have to be sprayed

2. What size blower for the oil & what size blower for the top barrel.

I understand the fundamentals. Just would like some guidance from someone with experience on this build.
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

I've been using a waste oil stove to heat my shop for over 25 years, I've got a good reliable design that I can share with you. My problem is I type very slowly, send me your phone number & I'll describe it to you, then you can type it up, with pictures of the build for the other members.
    Professional Auto Mechanic since 1974
    My own shop since 1981
    Cya Frank

Posting Permissions