Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default tools for an apprentice welder fabricator?

Does anyone use carver clamps?
    If you ain't burnin' you ain't learnin'

(2) 1 1/4" spuds
    (1) adjustable spud
    (1) 1 1/8" spud
    (2) sleever bars
    (1) chipping hammer ( mine is drywall hammer with nuts welded in the flat side. I have tips i can change out
    40' tape
    Ratchet spud 1/2" drive
    3/4" drive ratchet
    2 bolt bags
    Scabbard
    Sleever bar holder
    Squares
    Clamps
    Just to name a few...don't forget a welding hood

-100 feet of tring.
    -allen wrenches up to 3/8"
    -allen wrenches up to 10mm.
    - toolbox that is lockable for all the tools along with room for expansion

Just a few suggestions that I have.

Thanks
    Byron

Default tools for an apprentice welder fabricator?

What is tring?
    I googled it and it said its a small market town in Hertfordshier, England.

cori_southwales,

Here is what I have found to be very useful.

I use several as cheap, almost disposable tooling.

By this I mean that I can hold parts with them and if necessary, I can weld on pieces to create a simple, inexpensive, and quick custom fixture.

If I want to "reclaim" it after a project, I cut off the extra pieces and grind it somewhat smooth.

If it is too far gone, I can still save some parts of it for another project.

It sits flat on my weld table and I don't mind if I mess it up while welding.

Here in the states, one can be purchased for about $10 US.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !