Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Just a shelf - but my first actual project

So - out of work - so while 'waiting for a call' I built a shelf to fit on top of a second toolbox I have in the garage. Just 1" angle (1/8"), some 3" plate (1/8") and a piece of perforated sheet (actually 14 gauge with .5" holes). I'm satisfied - it's level and square - now I just need to spray it - planning on flat black. One pic of the shelf and one of it 'in place' (not yet sprayed). I used a nice, borrowed Bosch circular saw to cut, a Craftsman angle grinder to cut/debur, a Dremmel to do some finer deburring and my MM211 on 110V with flux core .030 wire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Looks great! Oh the places you'll go! So what do you have planned next?
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Good work. Looks like it fits great. Have you mig welded before?

Very nice. Whats next? How do u like the new welder (211) ?

Thanks all. I completed a night, 12 session hobby course this fall. Got the bug. Bought two welders. Found a nice source for good priced steel thanks to JMK. Have some ideas about what's next - not quite sure though.

Outside of welding in the class (Mig, Stick, TIG) this is the first 'adventure' I took on. "Oh the places you go" is right...it's pretty nice to actually 'make' something......and use it.

Thx to EVERYone on this board who's so supportive.....getting "down that road" is just a little sweeter!

Joe - love the MM211 - it was flawless for me.

The class - liked it a ton ... in fact, it was so nice, I decided to take it twice. Signed up for the spring session - hey - 3hrs, once a week...GUARANTEED to be practicing...why not!
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Did pretty much the same class type last summer. Liked it so much I start an advanced MIG class starting next week. Also bought a 211.
    ==============
    Miller 211 MVP
    Hobart StickMate LX 235
    Lincoln AC 225
    CutMaster 42