Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Recent Project - Doors and Truss Hangers for a new Shop

I had a guy ask me to build him some truss hangers for a new shop that he was building. He was wanting to build his building with as low of a profile as he could. After making a prototype hanger and getting the design and workmanship approved by the truss manufacturer, I build them for him and get them to his contractor to get installed. He then asks me to build him a couple of doors – One for the shop side of the building and the other for the storage side. The doors are 14’6” tall and 26’6” wide. All hinges can be greased from one central spot on the ground. Here’s some pictures…..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More Pics

More Pics

Default More Pics 2

More Pics 2

Default More Pics 3

More Pics 3

Default More Pics 4

Thats it - I have plenty more if anyone would like to see anything specific - Thanks for looking!

Default trusses

Hey Willy, very nice workmanship for sure. You give new meaning to the word organized! Your shop is very well laid out looks very user friendly Looks like a very well laid out plan there for your project keep up the nice work.Last but not least was the customer happy in the end? If not he should be, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by three turbos View Post
    Hey Willy, very nice workmanship for sure. You give new meaning to the word organized! Your shop is very well laid out looks very user friendly Looks like a very well laid out plan there for your project keep up the nice work.Last but not least was the customer happy in the end? If not he should be, well done.
    Yep - he was very happy - dont think these are going to be my last door builds as there has been a lot of people locally 'keeping and eye' on the progress....Thanks for the reply!

Very nice job. Your shop is cool too. very clean. Like the Bush light also.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead63 View Post
    Very nice job. Your shop is cool too. very clean. Like the Bush light also.
    Sometimes certain jobs require a few Busch Lights

Hey man, you should be real proud of that work. You did a lot of jigging and leveling on some pretty darn hard to line up pieces. I would like to be able to think i could do that good of work. Hope everyone was proud of the build because it looks great......Fireman