Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question PrinceXL spool gun and Miller 30A spool gun Comparison??

Who has had a chance to weld a lot with both of these guns and how did you like them? Price and ease of getting parts and how well they welded?

I'm wanting to get a millermatic 252 and I have only welded very little with the 30A and well liked it but wasn't long enough to really get a good feel for it. I have welded with the PrinceXL push pull gun just not the Prince XL spoolgun. I know it was a very light gun but there isn't much pricing online and what I did find was pretty high. I personally wasn't happy with the princeXL push pull, it wasn't very reliable lots of hickups everyday trying to weld with it although i was using a 50 ft+whip but I do like that it is very light.
    Miller 30A I don't think will be a problem getting parts and the price is very good on it but weighs more.

I tried the search but couldn't find much on the princeXL and not wanting to totally rule it out yet.

Please tell me how you feel about these two guns??
    Thanks
    Chris

The Prince is made by MK products, and well,,,,, is crap, both in parts availability, and actual use.

The 30A is Made by Miller and is the gun of choice, and is the gun I put on every brand of welding machine.

Cool

2nd what cruizer said. My buddy has one on a snap on machine and i refuse to use it when i weld in his truck garage. Always working on it. I now take my Miller and spool gun to do all of his alum welding. He never has any spare tips because they cost too much. .50 cents each for my Miller...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    2nd what cruizer said. My buddy has one on a snap on machine and i refuse to use it when i weld in his truck garage. Always working on it. I now take my Miller and spool gun to do all of his alum welding. He never has any spare tips because they cost too much. .50 cents each for my Miller...Bob
    Thats what I keep thinking, the parts will have to be orered for the MK Prince and the prince push pull I have used is totally crap. I'm really against the push pull systems after having to work with the prince XL push pull building 53 foot boats for 3 years. Could rarely get through a day that it wasn't screwing up. Out of curiousity can the 30A miller be converted from spool to push pull?

I like the lightness and the way the Prince fits my hand but not getting parts at the lws I don't care for.

I'm wanting to build an aluminum boat next winter so I'm sure it can be done with the 30A.

Has anyone tried the Profax AEC-200 spoolgun as well and how did you like it compared to the other two?

Thanks
    Chris

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chris2626 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Profax AEC-200 spoolgun as well and how did you like it compared to the other two?

Thanks
    Chris
    I have an older Profax AEC-200 and its heavy. I like my Miller much better. But the Profax would be my 2nd pick...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

thanks